Why is Alabama's football team so good?

This is exactly what it is. University of Miami kids driving around in luxury rental cars? Boom front page news the next day. There isn't exactly a thriving media market in Alabama. There's shady recruiting and everything else going on at all the major programs, it's just that some of them are able to fly under the radar cause they aren't under a microscope
To be fair though the U kinda earned that scrutiny. They got away with a LOT in the 80s and 90s and the Nevin Shapiro thing is still fresh in people's minds.

Who is your team?

The Mighty Gators.

I'm in a bit of a minority that believes Meyer's esophageal spasms could be better described as Saban-phobia. I hate that we are left picking fruit from the Saban coaching tree, Muschamp and now McElwain, but it is what it is. I just feel like it's going to be an innovator that finally dethrones him, not one of his former minions. If not, it will be left to father time to get the job done.

It's not just Saban though. Even Perkins/Dubose/Franchione/Shula had 10 win seasons there. Stallings had a great run in the first half of the 90s but he was Spurrier's bitch.
Yeah, there have been 5 National Championship winning coaches at Bama. It is a program where football is king and they use a great deal of resources to maintain it and keep it relevant. Also, college football is the largest sports interest in Alabama. We have no professional team, so everyone in the state is either an Alabama or Auburn fan...period.

The head football coach at the University of Alabama is arguably more recognizable than the governor.

The Mighty Gators.

I'm in a bit of a minority that believes Meyer's esophageal spasms could be better described as Saban-phobia. I hate that we are left picking fruit from the Saban coaching tree, Muschamp and now McElwain, but it is what it is. I just feel like it's going to be an innovator that finally dethrones him, not one of his former minions. If not, it will be left to father time to get the job done.
I agree. I like McElwain though. Saban just has this machine rolling and I do believe the only thing that will stop it is time.

Meyer is a huge bitch. He is a great coach, but when the going got tough, he decided he missed his kids. Straight up pussy.

You and @The Higher Power should get along fine...

BTW, we have a college football thread that runs 24/7 in the sports bar. Check it out.

Agreed!!!

I came in here looking for the handsome
Captain...
large.gif

Hi Reggie babe!

The Mighty Gators.

Mac is a much better HC than Muschamp but he needs to fire Nuss and step up his recruiting.

Isnt it because of all the black guys on the team?

Duhh....

The entire South is a dump to be very honest. There isn't much to do but playing football. Going to a school like Alabama in the south is some type of great honor.

The Mighty Gators.

You guys still say this after Meyer beat Saban in 14'?

Back