Why interim-belts should be outlawed in MMA.

Good discussion.

The divisions are quite the mess haha,

But interim belts being banned won't stop the fight promotion trying to maximise money. Their prohibition isn't going to stop the likes of Ferguson and Holloway needing impossible streaks to even get a look in at the title fights. It won't stop a Chael/Conor type getting better treatment because of their merit as a revenue stream.

Who really needs rankings and titles to decide whose the best? Fight record speaks plainly enough, for me.

Would BJ Penn 's win over Matt Hughes be less impressive 8f matt hughes had the same fight history but there was no belt. To me, nah (I like to think)

Trophies in sport only mean something to me in a closed system e.g. tournament or league. The belts in fighting and boxing aren't worth as much, merit wise.

This is all Conor's fault

Or Dana's for allowing Conor to ruin two divisions

But I disagree, the two divisions will rebuild themselves in a year or so. It'll all be fine, and this won't matter. A similar chaotic period happened at one point at HW, and no one even remembers it

You mean the shit show with Randy that lasted the better part of two years? Yes, we would love for two divions to get held up for that long.

You mean the shit show with Randy that lasted the better part of three years? Yes, we would love for two divions to get held up for that long.
Good thing it hopefully won't be for that long

I understand your premise, and I actually agree somewhat.

Unfortunately though, I cannot agree with having to watch fake title fights to quench my thirst of title fights. I think the whole "I'm taking time off" thing is total crap. In no other job in the world do you just take time off, especially when you're the highest performer - the business you work for needs your output.

Normal regular dudes get 2 weeks off for fatherhood, this guy is banging on about taking more time off. He's been recently questioned on it and he's all defensive now claiming he'll be back early 2017, well let's see you fight Khabib or Ferguson then, because any other fight is total BS at this stage.
And just like that we see eye to eye.

Back