why I'm a feminist

no, you cannot legitimately complain about a stereotype while you actively perpetuate it yourself...this IS hypocrisy and completely devoid of logic...how can you claim that something is unfair labeling when you are personally doing it?

The 2 things are completely different. I agree that if a woman wants to wear sexy clothes to class she has to accept what comes with it. That's grown up life, You dress sexually, you get looked at sexually. In the video, the chick is beyond stupid. You dress to draw attention to yourself, you can't then blame people for responding accordingly.

The video game thing is about the lack of alternative imagery. So, you can wear sexual clothing to class (Assuming she's okay with the type of attention) and then complain that video games only present a single image of women. In one case, it's a matter of personal choice, in the other it's about how society is presenting a section of the population.

A better example is saying you can enjoy watching NFC East football games and still find the name "Redskins" offensive.

Ok, then I guess we should mix in the genders in MMA. Because I'm sure I am the one who isn't being honest with myself for the sake of being politically correct.
With MMA, the point is that women should be allowed to be professional MMArtist. The same as any man. It's up to the women to prove how good they are. Which is a separate issue if you ask me. Point is, they should be given the same opportunity as everyone else.

Regarding hypocrisy, is it hypocritical for a black man to find the portrayal of black people as all loving fried chicken racist if he himself enjoys friend chicken? Of course it isn't. He can both enjoy fried chicken and understand that it doesn't apply to ALL black people, or that his enjoyment of friend chicken isn't connected to his race in some straight forward fashion.

A beautiful theory but the facts are against you. Even the term 'feminist' is inherently divisive, there goes the whole equality angle.

And yet he is right. He has desribed the theory of moderate feminism. But, as usual, the loud extreme voices have skewed your perspective on what the theory is.

I'm 5'6 and weigh 150 pounds, which means I'm a pretty small guy. There are lots of women that are larger and stronger than me. I train at a local MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ gym. Some of the women there are stronger than me and some of them are more skilled (especially at muay thai). Should they not be allowed to fight me or spar with me? If so, why not? Seriously, I'm curious what your reasoning is.

If a man and a woman were equally strong and equally competent fighters, I see no reason they shouldn't fight.
They don't need to be equal in all regards to fight.
Gleison Tibau tends to be larger and physically stronger than his opponents, yet it's still fair for them to fight. When he goes against someone skilled enough in whatever way to endure his size and strength, he loses. I believe a skilled women could beat a larger man.

It's up to the individuals to decide if they want to fight. Shouldn't have anything to do with gender. Just being self-aware of what you're capable of doing in a match.

I'm 5'6 and weigh 150 pounds, which means I'm a pretty small guy. There are lots of women that are larger and stronger than me. I train at a local MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ gym. Some of the women there are stronger than me and some of them are more skilled (especially at muay thai). Should they not be allowed to fight me or spar with me? If so, why not? Seriously, I'm curious what your reasoning is.
Exactly. Don't let those women bully you mate.

Yes it did and I won't spoil for any others who can actually finish the video.

Trust me when I say you won't be spoiling it for anyone in that class.

Edit. PM me. I need to know which side I completely rationally and dispassionately agree with, and it's whoever didn't put the dragon in the video.

Gleison Tibau tends to be larger and physically stronger than his opponents, yet it's still fair for them to fight. When he goes against someone skilled enough in whatever way to endure his size and strength, he loses. I believe a skilled women could beat a larger man.

It's up to the individuals to decide if they want to fight. Shouldn't have anything to do with gender. Just being self-aware of what you're capable of doing in a match.

I think some regulations should exist so that fighters are not put at risk by fighting opponents that they are grossly mismatched with in terms of strength. That said, even the current system of weight classes doesn't mean that opponents are equally matched in terms of strength, it just means they are roughly in the same ball park.

Exactly. Don't let those women bully you mate.

Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to fight them.

modern "men" sucks

But in terms of our Western society, both genders face inequalities. So egalitarianism really is the fairest and best way to go I think.

Oh geez. Do this many of you really miss the point?

No, i sparred with professional boxers, and some really good grapplers. I had at least 20lbs on on them, and they couldn't do shit to me. Women boxers were too slow, grapplers were too weak. They were much more skilled than me, one of the girls was my BJJ instructor.

It was like sparring with a 12 yearolds.

Imo if you get beat by a woman, than you are not really a man. Because as a man you are supposed to be faster, stronger and have better reaction.

I'm 5'6 and weigh 150 pounds, which means I'm a pretty small guy. There are lots of women that are larger and stronger than me.I train at a local MMA/Muay Thai/BJJ gym. Some of the women there are stronger than me and some of them are more skilled (especially at muay thai). Should they not be allowed to fight me or spar with me? If so, why not? Seriously, I'm curious what your reasoning is.

lol. You should look into this thing called lifting. It'll help you out.

The average man is physically more capable than the average woman and there's nothing wrong with admitting that. Sure, there are going to be women who are stronger than you, but that doesn't mean the majority are going to be like that. We shouldn't let Rousey fight Johnson just because there are women stronger than you.

Sparring and training are also different from an actual fight. When I used to spar, I'd never put 100% effort into beating my opponent, man or woman.

No, i sparred with professional boxers, and some really good grapplers. I had at least 20lbs on on them, and they couldn't do shit to me. Women boxers were too slow, grapplers were too weak. They were much more skilled than me, one of the girls was my BJJ instructor.

Imo if you get beat by a woman, than you are not really a man. Because as a man you are supposed to be faster, stronger and have better reaction.

I don't know what you're talking about tovarish, but in my experience that doesn't happen in matushka russya.

Because pound for pound women have less muscle mass than men. Something like 75% of male muscle mass at the same size.

So a bigger woman would still be weaker than the man. She has to be much bigger - like 1/3 bigger to balance out the muscle difference. So like a 200lb woman to meet a 150lb male on equal footing in terms of muscle strength.

And that's a muscular 200lb woman.

Back