Why I think wrestling is dominant art form!!!

tonytime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I do not believe the practice of wrestling of itself is that important, still very imperative just slightly overrated. I think why wrestlers translate well, especially Americans because of the discipline of the weight cut. I think wrestler has the advantage of having to weight cut straight from the days of school or even collegiate level. Discipline, a wrestler, can tolerate a lot of pain. Also, a lot of wrestling is built on cardio. In wrestling, you need cardio. Also, repetition, what I see from wrestlers that they have the best concentration in the sport, they can do the same drill and keep composure for 25 mins with ease. Also, a wrestlers body is built for the wear and tear; they have a threshold for pain than most other fighters for the body overall, especially with ligaments.
Also why American wrestlers dow ell. Is because from what I researched that they learn. There's three styles, three different art forms of different rule sets. Ect which different from boxing where usually you stay in yo lane. Because of Olympics or different tournaments. Wrestlers do multiple tournaments. Therefore the ability to expand into BJJ or Muay Thai is probably more natural than a kickboxer going into wrestling because they have the expertise and trained to take new info already.

Obviously, I think there are pitfalls in wrestling in practical use, and wrestlers coming into MMA. Is no easy transition. Where its probably best for an athlete, to go out of high school than colleges like Dominic Cruz and Jon jones. I will try and explain my holey analysis as to the failures of wresters in a different post.

But in the unites states, unlike where you concentrate your talent, it's a conveyer belt of wrestlers. So they high school, nwcaa(Tony Ferguson), Olympics(cejudo), NCAA Div 1(Jon Fitch). Ncaa div two jake shields), NCAA Div 3 (Corey Anderson), njcaa (Cain Velazquez), NAIA (Abdel Trujillo), even pro wrestling (ken shamrock. This must mean America has the largest pool of martial artists, theatrically. Maybe China with their taichi n shiz idk.

You may think it but its fact. The way it controls and dictates the fight especially against the majority of other Martial Arts, its truly something special. I always thought it was whack because here in OZ we don't have it in school like North America and Eastern Europe/Middle East. Seeing dudes in spandex and their little stances I remember thinking lol wtf....Then I tried it when I got into MMA years ago. Fuck it was the hardest training sessions I had done bar Infantry section attacks. I have done most Martial Arts and most sports but hands down Wrestling is the hardest training. Obviously the real match isn't as devastating (generally speaking) as a Boxing or MMA fight but yeah its just for straight up tough cunts.

When I first tried it most people at the gym said people come try Wrestling once and go to Ju Jitsu. No Gi/Gi/MMA/Muay Thai/Boxing filled with dozens of people but our Wrestling classes had around 6/8. Mostly Russians and Ukrainians.

tenor.gif

We already knew it’s the best base for mma.

Excellent knee only capable of being done by someone who wrestled through their youth and continues to train wrestling every day with world class wrestlers.
dude, im saying hands down wrestling the key. just saying why it is so dominant. u forget the champ is a wrestler.

It is a good base, but never the main one. Rules are there to maintain people training wrestling and nothing more.

Last night's ONE FC had the USA wrestler TKO the Chinese boxer who ended up with a very red face. Both were undefeated.

Flying knee beats all

Flying knees really do counter takedowns outta nowhere. But it's used more often as a counter to set ups, it's not a 100% anti-wrestling move. Ben got caught in that because when he ducked his head down he didn't see Masvidal setting up the knee, the last thing he saw was Jorge running at him. The double leg wasn't dumb like people say, what was indeed dumb was to not circle to his right when Masvidal ran at him.

Severely limited testing of PED’s in the same American wrestling system helps too. Trying to think of another set up worldwide that almost unintentionally encourages kids to juice? The Chinese gymnastics set up?

I do not believe the practice of wrestling of itself is that important, still very imperative just slightly overrated. I think why wrestlers translate well, especially Americans because of the discipline of the weight cut. I think wrestler has the advantage of having to weight cut straight from the days of school or even collegiate level. Discipline, a wrestler, can tolerate a lot of pain. Also, a lot of wrestling is built on cardio. In wrestling, you need cardio. Also, repetition, what I see from wrestlers that they have the best concentration in the sport, they can do the same drill and keep composure for 25 mins with ease. Also, a wrestlers body is built for the wear and tear; they have a threshold for pain than most other fighters for the body overall, especially with ligaments.
Also why American wrestlers dow ell. Is because from what I researched that they learn. There's three styles, three different art forms of different rule sets. Ect which different from boxing where usually you stay in yo lane. Because of Olympics or different tournaments. Wrestlers do multiple tournaments. Therefore the ability to expand into BJJ or Muay Thai is probably more natural than a kickboxer going into wrestling because they have the expertise and trained to take new info already.

Obviously, I think there are pitfalls in wrestling in practical use, and wrestlers coming into MMA. Is no easy transition. Where its probably best for an athlete, to go out of high school than colleges like Dominic Cruz and Jon jones. I will try and explain my holey analysis as to the failures of wresters in a different post.

But in the unites states, unlike where you concentrate your talent, it's a conveyer belt of wrestlers. So they high school, nwcaa(Tony Ferguson), Olympics(cejudo), NCAA Div 1(Jon Fitch). Ncaa div two jake shields), NCAA Div 3 (Corey Anderson), njcaa (Cain Velazquez), NAIA (Abdel Trujillo), even pro wrestling (ken shamrock. This must mean America has the largest pool of martial artists, theatrically. Maybe China with their taichi n shiz idk.

I totally agree, not just the competition experience, the MMA rules kinda favors wrestlers. I often see BJJ guys complain a lot about judges giving the advantage for the guy on top. Jiu-jitsu works in a different way, not always being on botto means you're losing, you always can pull a triangle or something else. Also, the cage helps wrestlers a lot with scoring points and taking people down.

There are far more wrestlers in the top rankings than anything, but....

There are a lot more wrestlers than anything period, so...…

Basically EVERYTTHING outside of wrestling stands a decent chance of making money elsewhere without the UFC. Wrestlers are mostly the only ones desperate enough for money to work for the UFC.

None of this means they are better in MMA, only that sheer probabilities dictates that if there are way more wrestlers than anything, there will be way more top fighters that are wrestlers. It's just the number of the kind of beans you put in the jar, not the quality.

Basically EVERYTTHING outside of wrestling stands a decent chance of making money elsewhere without the UFC. Wrestlers are mostly the only ones desperate enough for money to work for the UFC.

None of this means they are better in MMA, only that sheer probabilities dictates that if there are way more wrestlers than anything, there will be way more top fighters that are wrestlers. It's just the number of the kind of beans you put in the jar, not the quality.

Wrestlers might not be the best MMA fighters when it comes to mastering all areas but when it comes to winning, there's no other martial art such as wrestling. The way MMA is leads to a dead end for non-wrestlers. If we had the most elite striker vs the most elike wrestler in human history for 5 rounds in a MMA cage. Soon or later the wrestler would hold the striker against the cage and either take him down or just score points from pressing him.

i kinda explained that with refrence to the large pool of fighters coming out of education.. but fair

dude, im saying hands down wrestling the key. just saying why it is so dominant. u forget the champ is a wrestler.
Im agreeing with you fuckwit. To say Masvidal isn't a wrestler is ridiculous.

Flying knees really do counter takedowns outta nowhere. But it's used more often as a counter to set ups, it's not a 100% anti-wrestling move. Ben got caught in that because when he ducked his head down he didn't see Masvidal setting up the knee, the last thing he saw was Jorge running at him. The double leg wasn't dumb like people say, what was indeed dumb was to not circle to his right when Masvidal ran at him.
Had Masvidal hit him on the solar plexus, the side of the head, or even if Askren defended with his arms the result would likely be the same.

The way out of that would be a superman punch, a body kick or side stepping it, all techniques unknown to most wrestlers, doesn't it?

Look there is a huge amount of great athletes who wrestle from age 8 to NCAA div 1 to olympics in the US who make shit for money. MMA is the best money outlet for them. For boxers boxing is still the best pay day. Kickboxing glory or MMA take your pick. True muay Thai encompasses a lot more skills than just typical kickboxing and ironically less money. BJJ not the greatest money from competition but translates into a dynasty of BJJ schools. Big guys who are world class athletes in the USA can make the most money in football, baseball and basketball. Medium size guys worldwide can make a lot of money playing Fifa. World class atheletes go where the money is until money no longer matters to them. It is an absolutely moot point.

Ben made a dumb mistake like we all do from time to time, Jorge won, so he gets the spoils of victory, that's life, shit happens! No analysis necessary simple shit, get up dust yourself off keep fighting.

Back