Why I think Matt Brown will beat Condit

I cant find it, but theres a gif of Condit taking a full on smash to the face that would KO basically anyone, and he is momentarily stunned and then it's like he wasn't even hit. Browne isn't KOing Condit.

My heart is with Brown on this one. I really don't know what is going to happen in the stand up. Safe money is on Condit, and for good reason, but I'm picking Brown to pull it off and continue what might be the most impressive career turnaround of all time. I hope he doesn't take it like Omigawa.

I cant find it, but theres a gif of Condit taking a full on smash to the face that would KO basically anyone, and he is momentarily stunned and then it's like he wasn't even hit. Browne isn't KOing Condit.

I believe it's in rd2

1.gif

Also for reference:

hendricks-kampmann.gif

I can see where you're coming from TS, about this being iffy for a 3 rounder. IMO hebeat Hendricks, but since the judges score td's so high, Hendricks won from points. I don't see Brown taking him to the ground, and I don't see Condit getting KO'd after seeing him eat those shots from Hendricks, who many consider to be the hardest hitter in WW.

I think you are high.

Just kidding it should be fireworks but I think condit should win

I see a ground oriented attack coming out of the Jackson camp here, it's clear as day where Carlos' biggest advantage lies and thats subbing Brown. If it does stay standing Condit can take whatever Brown throws at him and return with something much sharper and technical. should be fun but Condit ought to scrap brown.

Carlos condits gameplan will not be to take him down.

Condit is on a level about ten floors up from Brown. He'll remind us all that Brown is no top tenner.

If Condit can handle Diaz pressure, I'm sure he can handle Browns pressure

I believe it's in rd2

1.gif

Also for reference:

hendricks-kampmann.gif

I can see where you're coming from TS, about this being iffy for a 3 rounder. IMO hebeat Hendricks, but since the judges score td's so high, Hendricks won from points. I don't see Brown taking him to the ground, and I don't see Condit getting KO'd after seeing him eat those shots from Hendricks, who many consider to be the hardest hitter in WW.
That's a good one too but I am pretty sure it's vs Ellenberger.

I think Brown's most realistic chances are a close close decision after a barnburning war.

I agree with the 3 rounds over 5 arguments. I can see Brown getting the nod if he does enough damage for the three rounds. But I hope Condit has learned from his fight Hendrix that he needs to step it up a gear when fighting a 3 rounder.

Should be a war!

Condit 3rd sub, or Browne decision...

Matt Brown is basically the Tim Tebow of MMA fans.

He's a rural/ROTC fanboy favorite, even though he hasn't faced any real tests, and basically excels at nothing.

Yeah, he has a chance to beat Condit doing what, being a punching bag?

Look, beyond the match-up on paper, and the obvious favorite being Condit by a wide margin in every area, this is a mismatch. It shouldn't even be happening. Matt Brown is not that good.

For those of you who make bold predictions the guiding force in your lives, it's time for a reality check.

Matt Brown is basically the Tim Tebow of MMA fans.

He's a rural/ROTC fanboy favorite, even though he hasn't faced any real tests, and basically excels at nothing.

Yeah, he has a chance to beat Condit doing what, being a punching bag?

Look, beyond the match-up on paper, and the obvious favorite being Condit by a wide margin in every area, this is a mismatch. It shouldn't even be happening. Matt Brown is not that good.

For those of you who make bold predictions the guiding force in your lives, it's time for a reality check.
I was rooting for Tebow to make the Patriots actually.

I found this match-up to be really distasteful at first. I thought they were just feeding Matt Brown to the hospital.

But then after some time I realized that Matt Brown is given a chance here to fight for his career. I think it's fair game.

If he gets destroyed, sure. Most people are expecting it. But hey, at least he's got his fighting chance to get that big pay check.

Like Dana said, if Matt beats Carlos, his life is going to change.

Before anything, this is a fantastic fight that the UFC has set up. I love both Brown and Condit, and no matter who wins or loses, this should be a barn burner.

Now going back to the topic at hand, I think Matt Brown actually has a very good shot at beating Condit. Reason being is this: It's a 3 round fight.

Now if it was a 5 round fight, I think it's a given that Condit would win because he keeps up the intensity for all 5. But since it is 3, I think Brown being the pressure fighter he is can keep it up and either score either A) 1st round stoppage or B) a decision.

Thing I've noticed with Condit is that he always fights at his opponents tempo. He's always the one being controlled in the octagon (i.e, the Hendricks fight, the first round of the Kampmann fight, the Rory fight). He seems to have trouble dealing with pressure.

And going back to Browne, he's nonstop pressure and aggression from start to finish. Looking back to the Mein and Pyle fights, he didn't even give those guys a second to breath. He was always in their face, and that's why I think Brown has a good chance to beat Condit.

Have you ever watched Condit fight? He isnt getting stopped!

When matt brown was getting choked out he died before tapping out and went to the pits of hades. He fought all kinds of monsters down there and gained a god like skill set never seen by any man. Matt Was given another chance to live after being in hell for 1000 years. He was brought back to where he tapped. This is the only logical explanation of his current winstreak.

Or that he has just improved and is fighting mid-level (Swick/Mein/Pyle) and lower-level (Ramos/Cope/Thompson) opponents!

Back