Why I think Matt Brown will beat Condit

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PSX, Oct 7, 2013.

1. PSX

PSX Purple Belt

Before anything, this is a fantastic fight that the UFC has set up. I love both Brown and Condit, and no matter who wins or loses, this should be a barn burner.

Now going back to the topic at hand, I think Matt Brown actually has a very good shot at beating Condit. Reason being is this: It's a 3 round fight.

Now if it was a 5 round fight, I think it's a given that Condit would win because he keeps up the intensity for all 5. But since it is 3, I think Brown being the pressure fighter he is can keep it up and either score either A) 1st round stoppage or B) a decision.

Thing I've noticed with Condit is that he always fights at his opponents tempo. He's always the one being controlled in the octagon (i.e, the Hendricks fight, the first round of the Kampmann fight, the Rory fight). He seems to have trouble dealing with pressure.

And going back to Browne, he's nonstop pressure and aggression from start to finish. Looking back to the Mein and Pyle fights, he didn't even give those guys a second to breath. He was always in their face, and that's why I think Brown has a good chance to beat Condit.

2. Da Speeit

Da Speeit CANCEROUS POSTER Platinum Member

In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    Condit fighting at Brown's tempo works well considering Condit is the sharper striker and has a huge advantage on the ground. If Carlos takes this fight down, it's pretty much over.

Condit "Dealing with pressure" usually leads to him winning. Brown is the shit, but he's nowhere near Hendricks, Kampamann or Rory on the ground or in transitional phases.

It should be a war prior though.

3. PSX

PSX Purple Belt

Definitely something we can agree on there.

I don't know. Just watched tapes of both their recent fights and theres something about Browns style that I can't see Condit handling well. Come night after, I'll either look like an idiot or a guy who was right.

Guess we'll see then.

4. Hendo231

Hendo231 White Belt

condit getting stopped... in the first round.. by the immortal? bold prediction

5. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

I would like to see Brown win but Condit via submission. Can't wait for this card.

6. PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank Brown Belt

I think Condit will use the same strategy he did against Diaz, maybe throw in a few takedowns. I don't think he will wanna bang with Brown.

7. Da Speeit

I think you should go and watch some of Condit's earlier fights, man, he thrives on the war. The more you push the more he pushes back.

He gets some flack for the Diaz fight, but Condit started to open up when Nick was getting more frustrated, coming forward with a little more venom than in the second round, which i gave to Nick.

I think what you're mistaking is Condit's takedown defense and the fact that Carlos has simply been fighting better fighters than Brown. The "Pressure" you're talking about in relation to Carlos is from the likes of GSP or Hendricks, who pressured him with the threat of strong, controlling takedowns.

That simply isn't a part of Brown's arsenal, and I don't think the "Pressure" will really be the same.

Condit is relentless, has tremendous cardio and just doesn't break. He should be a really big favorite over Brown, who, while similar to Condit in his violence in vigor, does not really have the tools that Carlos has both on the feet and on the ground.

8. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

I just can't see Brown finishing Condit. His chin is granite. Condit via TKO round 3

9. dredd57

dredd57 Silver Belt

Seeing Condit eat Hendricks left hand a couple times, I'm convinced it would be like trying to knock out a bull. I don't see Brown having more power than Hendricks.

10. Da Speeit

To be fair to Brown, you are correct, but Brown just keeps coming with shots that are maybe 75% of what Hendricks throws. It may not get you on the first one, but maybe the one after, the one after that, or the one after that.

Matt Hume is a very sly idealist when it comes to dirty boxing and clinch-fighting. Barnett, Brown, even Mighty Mouse all have cool maneuvers that they attribute to Hume.

I don't think Brown will nail condit enough to put him out, but to compare that to the Hendricks Bombs is kind of ignoring a facet of Brown's game.

11. Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell DEUS EX MACHINA Platinum Member

Condit has the advantages in cardio and a slightly better chin. I doubt Brown can get a takedown or a sub much less. So it boils down to those retarded Winklejohn angles; if Brown can solve that then he has a significant chance to win.

12. TheApolloKid

TheApolloKid Purple Belt

we all do...

13. PSX

PSX Purple Belt

Condit no doubt has the superior cardio. Brown looked a little tired by the end of the first of the Mein fight. I would think if Brown wins, it'll have to be via a finish in the early rounds.

14. lowsingle

lowsingle Banned Banned

if brown wins, its going to be from monster overhands while condit tries to grab a plum to knee him

i think, everytime condits been hurt in the ufc has been from that

15. effedup

effedup Silver Belt

Condit's the more diverse striker and he'll be employing the same game plan as the Nick Diaz fight. Matt plod/rushes forward CC strikes and circles away.

16. FlyingSpladle

FlyingSpladle Purple Belt

I see a ground oriented attack coming out of the Jackson camp here, it's clear as day where Carlos' biggest advantage lies and thats subbing Brown. If it does stay standing Condit can take whatever Brown throws at him and return with something much sharper and technical. should be fun but Condit ought to scrap brown.

17. Nelly

Nelly Black Belt

I believe that he can use the Stephen Thompson strategy and edge two rounds. Condit losing a decision in 3 rounds is always a possibility. All his fights should be 5 rounds imo.

18. ThinkBig500

ThinkBig500 Black Belt

Matt Brown is awesome, but he leaves himself much too open.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mein punches himself...

He didn't seem too bad about it when he KO'd Pyle, so maybe he's improving.
    [​IMG]

Condit will tag Brown quite a bit, countering his wild punches.

19. spunkbun**

spunkbun** Banned Banned

Matt Brown is one of those fighters with slow movement. Kinda reminds me of Forrest Griffin.
    Not that Condit is anything like Anderson, but I don't think he will have any problems whatsoever with Brown to be honest.

20. War209

War209 Brown Belt

This, the return of the Natural Born Runner.