Why I respect Cub Swanson as much as I do Mcgregor

I guess timelines don't matter in your narrative?!

Cub lost to Frankie on 11th Nov 2014. Aldo fought Mendes on the 25th of October. It wasn't Cub vs. Conor who gets the title shot. It was Cub vs. Mendes for the title shot. Conor wasn't in the frame at that point. Conor wasn't due to fight Aldo until June 2015. Your point would be valid if Cub beat Edgar and then Conor got the shot over Cub but that is not how it worked out. Cub lost his chance.

Cub didn't have a top 5 win. Not 1. Conor did. Top 5 TKO wins >>> #11 win via decision

So to conclude:
1. you've failed to factor in dates so your story doesn't hold up
2. Conor TKO'd a top 5 fight and Cub didn't not. So EVEN if you chose to look past the dates (only an idiot would) your argument still carries no weight.

God I hope you aren't a police detective or anything of importance because you keep failing over and over. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Lol at Conor having a top 5 win, but Cub beat that SAME GUY. Damn you stretch logic to fit your nuthugger agenda.

By the dates you posted Mendes lost to Aldo in October, which makes Cub the next in line. By your own words "conor wasn't due to fight Aldo yet."

At that time Cub should have gotten his shot, and Colon should have fought Frankie for the next in line. Your boy ducked both of them using the ufc to pave him the easiest way to the title.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... It's Conor Mcgregor

Grow up kid, I know you're a newb but get a life besides Conor... You just got pwnd with your own words

Ya goof.

512819.jpg

I guess timelines don't matter in your narrative?!

Cub lost to Frankie on 11th Nov 2014. Aldo fought Mendes on the 25th of October. It wasn't Cub vs. Conor who gets the title shot. It was Cub vs. Mendes for the title shot. Conor wasn't in the frame at that point. Conor wasn't due to fight Aldo until June 2015. Your point would be valid if Cub beat Edgar and then Conor got the shot over Cub but that is not how it worked out. Cub lost his chance.

Cub didn't have a top 5 win. Not 1. Conor did. Top 5 TKO wins >>> #11 win via decision

So to conclude:
1. you've failed to factor in dates so your story doesn't hold up
2. Conor TKO'd a top 5 fight and Cub didn't not. So EVEN if you chose to look past the dates (only an idiot would) your argument still carries no weight.

God I hope you aren't a police detective or anything of importance because you keep failing over and over. I'm actually embarrassed for you.
Also, people conveniently forgot that Conor essentially had the title shot on lock down following his win over DP, yet he still wanted to fight Siver. Who does that besides Donald Cerrone? To the best of my knowledge, Conor remains the only fighter to ever have a TS on lockdown and still ask for a totally meaningless fight; 100% risk and 0% reward, just to increase his brand recognition, tap into that Irish nationalistic pride/soccer rivalry (Ireland just beat Germany and that's when Conor called out Siver), to hype the potential fight w/ Jose and generate more money for their potential title bout.

This is what separates Conor from all the other 'athletes' out there. Guys will sit and wait for years just to get the TS, while Conor was wiling to gamble his whole career away and incredibly tax his body by cutting down to champ weight (1-4-5), while transforming himself into a whyte walker in the process. Shit, Pettis could not even make champ weight whilst a belt was on the line. Conor did that shit for the most meaningless and risky fight in history.

Swanson is fun to watch but he his striking is so sloppy by comparison. I enjoyed his last fight but it was basically like watching a bar fight in terms of technique. Conor is light years ahead of him, its pretty disrespectful to even mention their 2 names together to be honest.

“I would like Cub to win for the specific reason that he seems to think he has been promised the UFC title shot if he wins this fight against Frankie,” McGregor said. “So I want to him to win that contest, and then I will bake a freshly made pie and smack him clean in the face with it when I get the title shot.”

Lol at Conor having a top 5 win, but Cub beat that SAME GUY. Damn you stretch logic to fit your nuthugger agenda.

By the dates you posted Mendes lost to Aldo in October, which makes Cub the next in line. By your own words "conor wasn't due to fight Aldo yet."

At that time Cub should have gotten his shot, and Colon should have fought Frankie for the next in line. Your boy ducked both of them using the ufc to pave him the easiest way to the title.

Grow up kid, I know you're a newb but get a life besides Conor... You just got pwnd with your own words

Ya goof.
Say Cub does get that fight, right? It would have happened at 194 (or somewhere around there) and with the amount of time Jose takes off while champion, the Conor Aldo fight would have happened at UFC 200 or something (pending Jose won and Conor waited). So, UFC sure did make the right move, as in that period of time, they got UFC 189 (900k PPV's), UFC 194 ( 1.25M PPV's), UFC 196 (1.6M PPV's) and the subsequent UFC 202 (1.7M PPV's) and UFC 205 (1.7M PPV's) as a result. As a result of making Conor Aldo, UFC had it's highest grossing year by far to date and it all revolved around Conor and Aldo.

Cub would have done like 250K PPV's vs Aldo. And then say Cub wins or Jose got hurt: then what?? Rematch for another 250K PPV's?? And who knows what Conor would have done, as he sure would not have waited two years on the sideline. Then, you just pissed away lightning in a bottle.

I do not agree with Dana on alot of stuff but I do agree with him on that you have to make those big fights when they are available as there are simply too many variables. Just look no further than Holly vs Ronda. The rematch would have been one of the biggest fights ever but Holly blew it when she lost to Meisha; her aura gone and the epic Ronda rematch ruined.

Plus, Cub already lost to Aldo. The only people interested in that fight ere Conor haters and Jose lovers. It was clear that Conor was the only fighter that truly presented a problem to Jose and many fans were fed up with Jose padding his record with cream puff fights and rematches. Other fighters were much less deserving, like KZ who won 2 straight, was a sloppy brawler and got the TS; where was the outrage then? Conor simply rustles the jimmies too much and clouds people perspective.

Ya goof.
So you're saying the ufc are going to cancel the edgar vs. cub fight on 15 days notice because aldo beat mendes and cub deserves the fight...sure. sorry aldo you just fought a 5 round war with mendes but you need to get in there so cub can get a fight. Sorry frankie for making you do a fight camp for nothing. Do you see how stupid you are? Based on what you said the above would have to happen.

Dates matter. Aldo had a fight booked. Mendes had the shot and deserved it. Once again it was mendes or cub. Not cub or conor.

Also, people conveniently forgot that Conor essentially had the title shot on lock down following his win over DP, yet he still wanted to fight Siver. Who does that besides Donald Cerrone? To the best of my knowledge, Conor remains the only fighter to ever have a TS on lockdown and still ask for a totally meaningless fight; 100% risk and 0% reward, just to increase his brand recognition, tap into that Irish nationalistic pride/soccer rivalry (Ireland just beat Germany and that's when Conor called out Siver), to hype the potential fight w/ Jose and generate more money for their potential title bout.

This is what separates Conor from all the other 'athletes' out there. Guys will sit and wait for years just to get the TS, while Conor was wiling to gamble his whole career away and incredibly tax his body by cutting down to champ weight (1-4-5), while transforming himself into a whyte walker in the process. Shit, Pettis could not even make champ weight whilst a belt was on the line. Conor did that shit for the most meaningless and risky fight in history.
Exactly. You know who did it? George sot at 155. He had the title shot but wanted to stay active so you know who he goes and fights? Denis siver. Denis wins a decision, george lost the title shot, and his career imploded. People use that fight as a cautionary tale. Conor had nothing to gain and everything to lose. But still did it. No one does that. Cerrone wouldn't do that. Woodley showed what fighters do in that situation

So you're saying the ufc are going to cancel the edgar vs. cub fight on 15 days notice because aldo beat mendes and cub deserves the fight...sure. sorry aldo you just fought a 5 round war with mendes but you need to get in there so cub can get a fight. Sorry frankie for making you do a fight camp for nothing. Do you see how stupid you are? Based on what you said the above would have to happen.

Dates matter. Aldo had a fight booked. Mendes had the shot and deserved it. Once again it was mendes or cub. Not cub or conor.
Cub had already earned his title shot it should have been colon that was booked against Frankie

From early 2012 to late 2014,
Cub went undefeated in the UFC
against Roop, Pearson, Oliveira,
Poirier, Siver & Stephens. (He beat
Poirier & Siver before McGregor)

He then put up his streak on the
line against an elite, streaking
wrestler with a full camp
in Frankie
Edgar. It was only his second UFC
main event (the other being Stephens).

Basically, Swanson was getting no
favors from the UFC. Mcgregor,
meanwhile was being billed against
fighters coming off of KO losses in
headlining fights in Ireland. Fun fact:
Brandao got KO'd in the first round
that night in Ireland & was coming
off a 1st round KO loss against Poirier.
&Swanson had already beat Poirier
up to that point.

Cub took his ass whooping from
Frankie, &made literally no excuses.
&where was his reverence for that?

& even in conor's victory of short
notice Mendes, there were excuses
on his part, even still...

& After he loses to Edgar, he takes
on future champ Holloway. Gets his
jaw broken before the 3rd, doesn't
tell his corner & goes back out there.

As far as I'm concerned, Conor,
based on his wins & losses, is on
par with Swanson. His accolades
may be more impressive, but he
was granted a well lit path. While
Swanson has had to literally build it
himself, all throughout his career.

It's a shame that this fight never
materialized when they were both
streaking. It would have been the
clear #1 contender fight at that point.

TL;DR:
#1 Fight of the year: Reyes vs Kim
#2 Fight of the year: Swanson vs Choi

#1 Eeked Win of the year: Conor vs Diaz II

ufc162_07_swanson_vs_siver_026.jpg

How about you recognize Cub based on his own merits instead of using him to talk about Conor?

Cub is an awesome fighter. Most exciting guy in the division. Fuck your thread.

Say Cub does get that fight, right? It would have happened at 194 (or somewhere around there) and with the amount of time Jose takes off while champion, the Conor Aldo fight would have happened at UFC 200 or something (pending Jose won and Conor waited). So, UFC sure did make the right move, as in that period of time, they got UFC 189 (900k PPV's), UFC 194 ( 1.25M PPV's), UFC 196 (1.6M PPV's) and the subsequent UFC 202 (1.7M PPV's) and UFC 205 (1.7M PPV's) as a result. As a result of making Conor Aldo, UFC had it's highest grossing year by far to date and it all revolved around Conor and Aldo.

Cub would have done like 250K PPV's vs Aldo. And then say Cub wins or Jose got hurt: then what?? Rematch for another 250K PPV's?? And who knows what Conor would have done, as he sure would not have waited two years on the sideline. Then, you just pissed away lightning in a bottle.

I do not agree with Dana on alot of stuff but I do agree with him on that you have to make those big fights when they are available as there are simply too many variables. Just look no further than Holly vs Ronda. The rematch would have been one of the biggest fights ever but Holly blew it when she lost to Meisha; her aura gone and the epic Ronda rematch ruined.

Plus, Cub already lost to Aldo. The only people interested in that fight ere Conor haters and Jose lovers. It was clear that Conor was the only fighter that truly presented a problem to Jose and many fans were fed up with Jose padding his record with cream puff fights and rematches. Other fighters were much less deserving, like KZ who won 2 straight, was a sloppy brawler and got the TS; where was the outrage then? Conor simply rustles the jimmies too much and clouds people perspective.
You proved my point exactly. Conor's title shot was based off of money and not off his fighting skill. Now that's something we can agree on

Glad we cleared that one up

Cub had already earned his title shot it should have been colon that was booked against Frankie
So cub is going to sit around waiting for aldo because he apparently earned it beating the number 7 (dustin) and 11 (stephens), both via decision. But conor didn't earn his by beating the number 5 (dustin) and 10 (siver), both via early tko.

You can say dustin was beaten both both any until you are blue in the face but the difference is how the win came about. Cub knew that and he tried to beat frankie to secure the title shot over conor, but he choked in spectacular fashion.

TKO > Decision (same opponent - dustin)

Checkmate. You conor haters can try and bend logic all you want but by suggesting otherwise is just plain stupidity.

So cub is going to sit around waiting for aldo because he apparently earned it beating the number 7 (dustin) and 11 (stephens), both via decision. But conor didn't earn his by beating the number 5 (dustin) and 10 (siver), both via early tko.

You can say dustin was beaten both both any until you are blue in the face but the difference is how the win came about. Cub knew that and he tried to beat frankie to secure the title shot over conor, but he choked in spectacular fashion.

TKO > Decision (same opponent - dustin)

Checkmate. You conor haters can try and bend logic all you want but by suggesting otherwise is just plain stupidity.
Get off the guys nuts you just said by your own mouth that colon wasn't in title contention at that time. And those weren't cubs only two wins ya goof.

Domino

The matchmaking that allowed Conor to get a title shot was crazy. Frankie vs. Cub was the number 2 guy vs the number 3 guy—it was a top contender bout meant to clear the way for Conor. Frankie cleared the way for Conor to get the shot at the title first and then they make Frankie fight faber. Frankie fights faber, wins, but nope....lets try to kill Frankie off with Mendes next. Frankie fights Mendes, wins, but nope....lets make him fight Aldo.

I'm a Cub fan, he was one of my favorite featherweights and after the DHC fight my favorite in the division but he and Conor are great. It's just hard to argue with the money that Conor draws and how much of mainstream star he is.

That's the thing.

Aldo finished Cub in seconds and people thought a rematch was uncalled for.

Conor finished Aldo in seconds and people are crying because Conor hasn't given Aldo a rematch.

I like Cub too.
He was a good sport when Oliveira collapsed and didn't punch him again. He could have, but he chose not to. Good guy.

Cub is 5 years older and an established name once WEC joined UFC.

The argument is invalid as Conor had to work from the ground up. Swanson hit the ground running and still has a poorer resume'. It's like Comparing Anderson to Conor. "look at his defences vs. Conor's hur hur hur"

You are also picking and choosing points. You've mentioned Swanson and how glorious he is not mentioning his jaw. Yet you have Conor continuing with a torn ACL (a career threatening injury in some cases) and still winning.
Just lol. You can't be this fucked.

That's the thing.

Aldo finished Cub in seconds and people thought a rematch was uncalled for.

Conor finished Aldo in seconds and people are crying because Conor hasn't given Aldo a rematch.

I like Cub too.
He was a good sport when Oliveira collapsed and didn't punch him again. He could have, but he chose not to. Good guy.
Cub has never been champion, let alone at the time only current and longest reigning champion in UFC history.

Nice try though.

Back