Why I don’t put money on Diaz I the rematch even though I’m very confident he should win.

There are too many variables if Nate loses. Conor will fight Eddie, then if he loses, he'll beg for that rematch, if he wins, he'll fight some other guy and maybe lose that, then beg for a rematch, etc. Nate will get sidelined. If Nate wins, he's a big name and gets another big payday with whoever he fights next, and if Conor goes back to winning, he'll probably want yet another crack at Nate for another big payday. There's nothing better for Nate's career than to keep winning.

He said that to fuck with Nate. Alvarez has already expressed interest, if Conor wins a rubber match will be out of question for the forseeable future because LW titleshot>>>>any other fight for Conor.
Conor fights like 3 times a year. If Conor gets a title shot and wins or losses, a Nate rematch is not far away. Also you don't know if Conor said that to fuck with Nate, thats basically just guess work.

He kind of went in with that attitude in the first fight as well though. Once Nate is in a fight, he goes hard regardless.

A loss for Diaz sets up a trilogy fight and another huge pay day.

I’m not saying Nate will take a dive. But he might not want or need the win as much as Conor.

Diaz might be like: “If I win great!”

“If I lose fuck it. Trilogy fight baby!”

Diaz was on vacation a week before the fight. He's had a full camp now. He's just a horrible style matchup for Conor. If Conor can go back to being the diverse striker he was at the begining of his UFC career he could use that diversity to more effectively close the distance and get inside against Nate, something that isn't his natural strong suit to begin with, but if he just tries to close distance doing nothig but coming forward wit hstriaght lefts again he's goingto get finished like he did before.

Sometiems the worst thing that can happen to a fighter is to realize they have one punch knockout power, and in a specific punch. Look at what a savage, two fisted puncher Rampage used to be. His fight against Chuck in the UFC is one of the best technical performances I've seen in an MMA fight. Look what has happened to him since. He essentially became a one shot fighter. A lot of that had to do with him leaving Juanito Ibarra, but his entire outlook on fighting obvioulsy changed as well.

Money on Nayt is losing money. A. He might take a dive for the ginormous payday next year after the Aldo fight. B. If Nayt is in any trouble expect an early stop age. C. Conor doesn't suck and did take him lightly last fight and there's a solid chance he does just flat ktfo nayt. N less u think conor dominant wins on holloway, Aldo , Dustin and the ko of Mendes yo be flukes

I am a fan of both dudes, but god damn I want Nate to win this sucker! Conor doesn't need another excuse to stop him from defending his 145 belt like a trilogy. No thanks.

Your not putting money cus you know he is gonna lose. You can sense it. And that is smart you don't wanna lose monies.

nates attitude is pretty weird man, i dont think hes capable of not trying to win. fighting seems to be the way he defines himself, no matter the politics around a fight he has to try to win.
Diaz brothers can't try to lose I don't think. But I think you can get a fight like GSP-Diaz where they just accept the loss and don't try to win.

Conor fights like 3 times a year. If Conor gets a title shot and wins or losses, a Nate rematch is not far away. Also you don't know if Conor said that to fuck with Nate, thats basically just guess work.
No. It's educated guesswork.

Guys, most of you are assuming that the UFC would miss out on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE payday in Conor vs Nate 3.

Conor vs Alvarez is meh. Who the fuck knows about Eddie Alvarez.

Conor vs Nate 3 is of May - Pac proportions. The UFC will INSIST on Conor giving Nate a 3rd fight.
No casual fight fans knew of Nate before Conor

No casual fight fans knew of Nate before Conor

Absolutely. Diaz bro's were mostly famous among MMA fans. But now.... Nate is as famous as they come.

I don't think Alvarez can reach that level. No one relates to Alvarez while most people relate to the Diaz bros... normal looking dudes that smoke weed and kick ass.

I have nothing against Alvarez if you are wondering, he's been legit for a while now and he deserves the title.

Conor will eventually fight the LW champ, win or lose.

Nate won't throw shit. Except hands at Conor's face.

Just about anything can happen in a fight.

I think the quote was popularized in the movie Wall Street or maybe Kenny Florian said it first but I've always said "I only bet on sure things".

i kind of know what you mean - its like a bet against the ufc's profits - who knows what goes on behind closed doors, but im sure they want conor winning this - but then, they prob wanted him winning the first one too

I gotta admit I'm not a tin foil hat type of guy. But I am a little nervous about it. I don't think Nate will take a dive but he might not be as sharp of care as much b/c of the possible triology. Though I'm not sure Conor will give Nate a triloigy.

conor doesn't want a trilogy ... haha .. he just said that ... win or lose, these two don't fight again

He's not getting a rematch if he loses.

People who bet on close matches like this(Unless you have multiple bets on 1 slip) with so small odds are shit at betting anyway.

Back