Why I don’t put money on Diaz I the rematch even though I’m very confident he should win.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A loss for Diaz sets up a trilogy fight and another huge pay day.

I’m not saying Nate will take a dive. But he might not want or need the win as much as Conor.

Diaz might be like: “If I win great!”

“If I lose fuck it. Trilogy fight baby!”

Diaz won't let Stockton down. Many people will be rooting for him

If Nate win he might get a title shot Vs Eddie tbh.

Put money on Nate.

It's a silly worry, but a worry none the less. I am not saying Nate will throw, I am just saying that if Nate gets in trouble the thought of losing might not be as earth shattering, who knows, hopefully there is a huge win bonus. But all I know is Nate has been unmotivated in the past or seemed not his usual self. The Benson fight was the most uninterested Nate I've ever seen. Also Conor seems motivated as fuck. So I am not putting money on this fight, since it's a close fight regardless.

I have 10 magic beans on Nate, its a sure thing.

He's not getting a rematch even if he loses a close fight. Conor will challenge at 155 and then take whatever other fight he wants. Diaz has zero certainties he'd get a rubber match. On the other hand, if he finishes Conor again he will have other big fights lined up.

Nate will throw. Been sayin that. Mcgregor wins via Diaz wanting another red panty night.

If Nate win he might get a title shot Vs Eddie tbh.

Put money on Nate.
But Nate already knows title means shit in terms of money.

He got a great new contract when he fought Bendo for the title - 15K to show, 15K to win...

He's not getting a rematch even if he loses a close fight. Conor will challenge at 155 and then take whatever other fight he wants. Diaz has zero certainties he'd get a rubber match. On the other hand, if he finishes Conor again he will have other big fights lined up.
Conor has expressed that a rubber match would make sense. And from a money perspective it does. They would be tied and UFC can capitalize from that when it comes to the narrative. There are no certainties in the fight game I agree, but it makes a lot of sense. Conor would probably go handle business in 145 first though or he would have to vacate.

I’m not saying Nate will take a dive. But he might not want or need the win as much as Conor.

nates attitude is pretty weird man, i dont think hes capable of not trying to win. fighting seems to be the way he defines himself, no matter the politics around a fight he has to try to win.

But Nate already knows title means shit in terms of money.

He got a great new contract when he fought Bendo for the title - 15K to show, 15K to win...

When a fighter fight in title fight, they always get "locker room" bonuses.

Carwin made 40k on the book Vs Lesnar.

He later said he got 1,5 millions in bonus after the fight.

But yeah, Nate probably didn't get anything near that tho.

I don't have the proof, but I believe there have been a few dives in the UFC. But a Diaz brother is not a guy to lose a fight because he doesn't care. Those guys are real fighters.

Conor has expressed that a rubber match would make sense. And from a money perspective it does. They would be tied and UFC can capitalize from that when it comes to the narrative. There are no certainties in the fight game I agree, but it makes a lot of sense. Conor would probably go handle business in 145 first though or he would have to vacate.
He said that to fuck with Nate. Alvarez has already expressed interest, if Conor wins a rubber match will be out of question for the forseeable future because LW titleshot>>>>any other fight for Conor.

I've been saying this all along. Diaz might go for the big trilogy payday.

And why wouldn't he ? He will win the final fight either way.

Conor would never give anybody a rematch if he won. Everyone should know that.

You're assuming the ufc risks a 3rd fight with Conor rather than him fighting Eddie for the lw strap

Why would Nate lose ?

there is no guarentee he gets a rematch

if he losses , Conor will say we both had a full camp and i beat you and then Conor would bounce

Nate will just be that guy that beat McGregor once

Guys, most of you are assuming that the UFC would miss out on a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE payday in Conor vs Nate 3.

Conor vs Alvarez is meh. Who the fuck knows about Eddie Alvarez.

Conor vs Nate 3 is of May - Pac proportions. The UFC will INSIST on Conor giving Nate a 3rd fight.

Back