Why have "animal styles" developed in the East but not in the West?

because instead of worshipping animals we prefer to kill them and wear their pelts. Why would we imitate something that is so inferior to us?

The roots of western combat goes way back before even greece but greek wrestling is a good example of the idea of using th human body to its fulliest potential.. in the east they saw certain things animals did and how successful they were for them and attempted to replicate them with the human body.. so perhaps it was a philosophical difference

Western civilizations looked to get the most of the human body based of how it was built whilst asians looked to copy animals tecunique with the human body based off how much more successful they were than humans when it came to agility and technique

Could not find any obvious answers on the web. Perhaps my "Spider Style" is weak. :p

But seriously, why did the Chinese start imitating animals in a fight? And why did nobody else (in Europe, Americas) do the same?

Discuss!

European martial arts tended to be supplements to armed combat, submission wrestling was in supplement to armoured combat with swords. Other things like pankration practised by ancient romans were martial arts where you actually had to fight full contact. There wasn't tons of room for th flowery stuff. I'm really not an expert but I don't get the impression that kung fu was actually used by chinese warriors in the way it is claimed.

Back