Why hasn't Guillard been cut?

he's a great fighter and a solid name, always brings it

Because he lost to cowboy, miller, and lauzon who are all either top ten or fringe top ten. Plus Jamie Varner who still has potential to reach top ten very soon.

cause he is exciting and someone gets finished usually. kill or be killed fighter.

Anyway, he is not UFC quality and there are more deserving fighters that could actually make the LW division more interesting.

Does a guy have to be able to compete at the top of a division to be UFC quality? Guillard is a decent fighter, just don't match him up with top ten guys. The reason we judge him so harshly is we keep lumping him in with the guys in title contention.

Great gatekeeper IMO, not in a lot of boring fights.

Does a guy have to be able to compete at the top of a division to be UFC quality? Guillard is a decent fighter, just don't match him up with top ten guys. The reason we judge him so harshly is we keep lumping him in with the guys in title contention.

Great gatekeeper IMO, not in a lot of boring fights.

There are younger fighters that can be developed to be future champions and are current gatekeeprs. Guillard is a gatekeeper at best who is only going to get worse and not better. Guillard maybe has two years left of MMA fighting if he keeps getting knocked and choked out.
UFC could hire a younger fighter with more potential for cheaper and cut Guillard.

Its like you answered your own question and then confused yourself

Dan Hardy is exciting and joined the UFC at a time when they were trying to get into the UK market. In addition, it seems the Fertittas and Dana like him as a person.

Melvin is somewhat exiting and has a fan following because he was on TUF 2.

You just completely underestimate Guilliard with some bullshit - people like watching the dude fight, they don't get nostalgic about some reality show he was on. the sport has gained a couple fans since 2006

You just completely underestimate Guilliard with some bullshit - people like watching the dude fight, they don't get nostalgic about some reality show he was on. the sport has gained a couple fans since 2006

I said he is exciting but his role on TUF 2 must've gained him some fans and that helps.

He hasnt been cut for the same reason behind Hardy not being cut or Garcia for that matter.

wtf is up with everyone on this site wanting people to lose their jobs?? To answer the question tho he i tuf royalty and i don't see him getting cut

He hasnt been cut for the same reason behind Hardy not being cut or Garcia for that matter.

Guillard is more successful than both those guys. Sure Hardy fought for the title but overall Guillard has found more success against higher level opponents.

I like Guillard and have been wanting him to get to the top for years but he keeps letting me down. Love to watch him fight though and made up he hasn't been cut.

You really need to ask this? Cause he's an exciting established name with a fan base. UFC kinda likes money.

His losses are top guys. Lauzon, Miller, Cowboy, and Varner.

And Clementi, and Neer, and Diaz, and Stephenson.

what is his biggest win? Siver? Tibau?

Dunham is currently ranked #34. Tibau #22. Siver is top 10 at 145.

His losses are top guys. Lauzon, Miller, Cowboy, and Varner.

And Clementi, and Neer, and Diaz, and Stephenson.

what is his biggest win? Siver? Tibau?

Dunham is currently ranked #34. Tibau #22. Siver is top 10 at 145.

At the time Siver was an unknown. Guillard's biggest win was definitely Dunham. If you're going off of Fight Matrix's rankings, it's sort of difficult to accept Dunham's ranking. He was absolutely robbed against Sean Sherk, otherwise he was arguably Top 10 going into his fight with Guillard.

Remember, Guillard was facing Dunham as a last minute injury replacement for Kenny Florian. Florian vs. Dunham was supposedly going to determine the #1 contender. Guillard stepped in and stole Dunham's hype.

He was on a 5-fight win streak going into the Lauzon fight and a lot of people were predicting Guillard might get a title shot had he beaten Lauzon.

Melvin is an amazing fighter, like someone said before me, His only losses are to top fighters in the most deep division of a promotion in the entire sport. I think if he could keep things off the ground and concentrate a little harder on his game plan, he could beat most fighters in his division.

He would be a contender if he stayed with the Jackson camp. He sucks without them.

Probably because he doesn't usually have a boring fight. His last fight with Varner was pretty-darn stellar as well.

There are guys like Hardy, Garcia, and apparently Melvin, who are just exciting. You can utilize them as a solid gatekeeper, with the chance of them finding a groove and going on a run as well.

That might both some wrestlers or cerebral fighters who've been cut in the past after 1-2 losses.... but that's how it is.

Back