Why hasn't Guillard been cut?

Shadow (Clyde)

Orange Belt
Reaction score
- I'm not saying I WANT him to get cut or not cut, I don't care either way; this is a factual question regarding whether he "should" be cut given his record and how UFC has treated other fighters.

- He's lost 4/5 fights, having been finished in 3 of those.

- He missed weight on his previous fight.

So why has he not been cut yet? I've seen other fighters get cut with FAR less bad things on their "resume." Heck, it's not unheard of to see fighters get cut with one loss.

It seems he's getting the royal Wanderlei/Chuck/Legend treatment. What I don't get is why. He's never won a UFC belt. He's never really shown much that indicates he COULD win a belt. Guys with a big overhand right are a dime a dozen. I just don't see why the UFC keeps him around and thus keeps some other fighter from getting a chance.

The UFC has a limited number of "slots" available for fights. To keep Melvin Guillard in it rather than some other guy... doesn't make sense to me.

He's been around a long time. People know who he is. People enjoy watching his fights. Win or lose, he brings it, every time.

tl;dr He's a decent draw. His fights are exciting.

i oersonaly like to see him lose so keep him around please

because he is a b level fighter that can put on spectacular shows against c level fighters

actually even when he loses they are pretty spectacular

He's been around a long time. People know who he is. People enjoy watching his fights. Win or lose, he brings it, every time.

tl;dr He's a decent draw. His fights are exciting.

This, and on top of that not all losses are made equal.

He has only lost to top 15 level competition in the most stacked weight class. You are comparing that with guys who lost to mid tier fighters.

I love seeing him lose and the tantrums he takes. Schadenfreude!
I do think the schadenfreude I feel would be greater if he was cut. I'm sure he would go on a crazy tirade on twitter that would be shame himself, his parents, his children and his children's children. It would be a multi-generational shaming where people say stuff like, "Your father/son/grandfather is THAT Melvin Guillard? Sorry we can't let you live in our city. Please move away."
Anyway, he is not UFC quality and there are more deserving fighters that could actually make the LW division more interesting.

Whats the obsession seeing guys lose their jobs? Seriously there is atleast one thread per day where you guys want someone to get fired. Come on,

because he is never in a boring fight,same as dan hardy and lenoard garcia,if you come to fight you will be kept around especially with all the extra shows being put on

Whats the obsession seeing guys lose their jobs? Seriously there is atleast one thread per day where you guys want someone to get fired. Come on,

you're not great on reading comprehension, are you?

He's very athletic, very explosive.

because he is a b level fighter that can put on spectacular shows against c level fighters

actually even when he loses they are pretty spectacular

Evan Dunham and Jeremy Stephens are not B or C level fighters.

He's entertaining. He just needs a step down in competition.
Also if I were him and I got fired before Leonard Garcia I would be very very pissed.

I made a thread a while ago about the UFC not actually cutting fighters anymore but signing more and more fighters instead. Their currently growing roster leads me to think they're planning a weekly event in the long run.

Because he wars.

this and he's willing to fight alot. I don't really care so much about record. To many people he just look a records and who is in the title picture. I just want to see good entertainting fights.

Back