Why hasn't Dana pounced on Holm - Nunez for contendership?

I thought Holm said she wanted to move up slowly. I also though she mentioned she was not ready for Ronda.

Holm needs a couple more wins, she's not ready yet

Miesha Tate is getting a third shot right after someone with zero top 15 win and you don't think the UFC is short on contenders ?

Who cares. Ronda will finish them both in a round.

Holm hasn't impressed anyone yet.

I don't know if Nunes is that good or if McMann is just lazy, the way that fight ended inside of 2 minutes was really odd. Nunes deserves credit for capitalizing but just really sloppy movement by McMann.

Miesha Tate is getting a third shot right after someone with zero top 15 win and you don't think the UFC is short on contenders ?

Well, it's not like it's any other options at the moment. 4 straight wins against the best in the division. And check out this sad stat:

Rousey's total time against 11 opponents combined - 8 minutes and 11 seconds.

Rousey's total time against Miesha Tate; her other 2 fights - 15 minutes and 25 seconds.

In a division where Tate is her only real fight, you know it's pretty shallow. I'm a Tate fan btw.

there is no rivalry to promote, nor are either of them household names. The UFC should feature the two of them fighting in a co-main event...

I think that Nunes would beat Holly fairly easily, just by how lackluster Holly has looked in the UFC.

I don't think she can handle the raw pressure of Nunes. Nunes is one of the only females with good striking and serious power. Just as she matures more , she could be a force at 135

There's no way that the UFC puts them against each other. Why take out 2 new faces to fight Rousey in a contender match?

If the UFC really wants to give them more time or to "earn" a contender spot, they'll put them up separately against other fighters. There's no shortage of fighters that want to fight their way into contention they can test themselves against.

They'll either give them lighter work (Correia, Eye or Pena), or against a fighter that's looking to work their way back to contender status like Davis or Zingano.

Holm vs Nunes? No. That would just be bad business.

Completely disagree. Holm is a boxer that just transitioned a few years ago. I see no reason why she wouldn't get better over the next 8-12 months.

You realize Holm made her mma debut before Ronda right? She's had plenty of time to improve.

There's no way that the UFC puts them against each other. Why take out 2 new faces to fight Rousey in a contender match?

If the UFC really wants to give them more time or to "earn" a contender spot, they'll put them up separately against other fighters. There's no shortage of fighters that want to fight their way into contention they can test themselves against.

They'll either give them lighter work (Correia, Eye or Pena), or against a fighter that's looking to work their way back to contender status like Davis or Zingano.

Holm vs Nunes? No. That would just be bad business.

If you have them fight each other you only take out one of them. If you have them fight other contenders you risk them both losing.

Rousey vs Cyborg in December.
Tate vs Nunes. Finalize the #1 contender spot.
Holm vs McMann. It would be a good grappling test for Holm.

Make it happen Dana.

If he wants a serious contender, he has to be patient.

Nunes or Holm could be a threat to Rousey, but they aint just yet.
they both need at least one more year 2-3 more fights.

Dana can feed them to Rousey whenever he wants. just depends on if he actually wants a fight to last more than 30 secs.

This. Holm hasn't looked very good despite the hype. She'd get thrashed by Rousey immediately. Nunes is looking good, but needs some more experience and skills even if it means a loss to someone like Tate to help her mature enough to offer Rousey a fight

This. Holm hasn't looked very good despite the hype. She'd get thrashed by Rousey immediately. Nunes is looking good, but needs some more experience and skills even if it means a loss to someone like Tate to help her mature enough to offer Rousey a fight

We're at the stage where fighters 'proving' they can offer Rousey a fight is a worthless endeaver. Just let them fight. You can't just have Tate be the only one to fight Ronda.

Back