Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

Hopefully they acknowledge his passing, at the very least.

It may well be a nice touch, but what then, are the obliged to pay for the funerals of all 500 fighters on the roster? Who gets their funerals paid for, who doesn't?

It would be nice for Dana and Lorenzo to send flowers of condolence. That would be a nice touch, but that's really all that's required of them, or should be required of them.

I would send flowers to staff when family members died, I would send flowers if a regular or valued customer died. But it was not my responsibility to pay for their funerals.

Its a grown up world, that's what life insurance and the like is for.

Maybe zuffa should just buy some land and allow all former ufc fighters to be buried at minimal cost, or free if you allow Reebok branding on the headstone.

I'm not unsympathetic towards the Randleman family, they have my utmost sympathy, but its not Dana's responsibility.

To be fair though. It's not them suggesting that it is. Its sherdoggers who just like any reason to bitch

I hear ya. That is why I say it is their money, their choice if they'd like to help or not. Would be nice if they did. But it wouldn't be cruel if they didn't. I do love stories when people who can help other do though, especially when they are not obligated to.

He only fought for the ufc seven times during around four years...He fought way more for Pride, why isn't this thread about Sakakibara?

Good luck with that.

Also, PRIDE paid fighters in briefcases full of diamonds and gold.

It's not like he died in the octagon.

At a certain age, everyone should have a plan for expenses resulting from untimely death. ESPECIALLY if they have dependents.
It's not really Zuffa's fault this guy was irresponsible enough not to have done so.

Sure it would be a nice gesture but demonising them because it hasn't happened is a bit much.

Hopefully they acknowledge his passing, at the very least.
They added him to the section of fighters they have tributes for on Fight Pass (which is normally for current stars or hall of famers) with his best career moments and they have acknowledged it everywhere.

"It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money."

- Kenny Florian

Agreed man, well said. Douches make me angry.

This is just reaching REALLY hard to find something too hate on

10gs for a former champ would go a long way. I know that is 1/5th of an exciting hand of black-jack, or 1/100th of a really exiting hand that Dana has admitted to playing, but you may want to help a little in these situations. Just a little. Imo. Maybe former champs and title contenders only? At least?

You have a funeral to remember the person by. You don't have their body just taken to the state morgue like some animal at a dog pound. There are cheaper alternatives. Like I said. Cremation is cheaper. Probably about 8 to 10k for a cremation funeral. My mom didn't want to be cremated when she was alive. But she also didn't want to be a financial burden on us. Thanks to the generous friends and family we have. We were able to cover my mom's funeral costs quite easily.
I understand. But people need to remember that they still have to live and going bankrupt is no way to honor anyone.

I saw Dana at the airport and he said they donated to the "gofundme" for Randleman. 10 bucks bro.

I understand. But people need to remember that they still have to live and going bankrupt is no way to honor anyone.

No offense but this is the type of thinking that gets the funeral industry to rob so many people. Look at the video I posted with the former funeral director. They are supposed to find out how much money you have to spend, spend it all and take the commission. He also says a funeral at max should be 5k. Everything else is just gouging people for fake shit like "air tight caskets".

You crybabies are the worst. You're gonna tell the UFC how to spend their money? Why don't you broke losers donate money yourselves and quit telling people what to do with THEIR money?

I have sent flowers and or contribution to EVERY G.D. F'ing employee that has ever worked for me when they had a death in the family.

I guarantee Dana and Zo have hundreds if not thousands of times more money than I do. My company "thankfully" never had ANY push back on this expense.

Have you honestly reached puberty kid?
Seriously THIS. I'm not trying to sound like a dick and am very sorry for his family but they are running a business, not a charity service. They wouldn't be making shit if they opened their check book to every fighter or family/friend that needed help. Half of these guys did it to themselves like Leben. It doesn't help they have done some charitable donations to help in the past, and then get shit on anyway about what terrible human beings they are. Yes thats you tito, shamrock, rampage among several.

Last edited:
I don't see why they DON'T help out after a tragedy like this happens, even if not for selfish gain like good publicity. Look at Coleman though, just goes to show these guys don't give two shits about you. Not saying they have too, but like fuck come on guys, have a little bit of compassion for those that helped build. They'd rather put that money into hiring gold medalists to protect their current investment though.
are you kidding me? Coleman made more in his career than just about any other mma fighter. The guy just has serious financial management issues. What the hell is stopping him from being a P.E teacher or wrestling coach?

Last edited:
Is this a joke?

Guy they employed ages ago dies and TS is salty the millionaires aren't going to pay 25 grand for a funeral just because they can afford it? You gotta be fucking kidding me. What world do you live in where a guy you worked for a decade plus ago is a POS because he doesn't cover your funeral costs?

This is just another if bizarre way to bash the rich owner and justify streaming PPV which ironically won't put any money in the fighters' pockets at all.

It would at least improve their PR rating.

If the UFC want to profit from MMA then they have to give back to the sport that has made them billionaires.

No disrespect to Kevin Randleman or any other MMA fighter that has passed on but ...

Why as soon as a UFC fighter dies or is in need of assistance is there someone who immediately jumps on the UFC-support train and proceeds to trash the promotion and it's executives without having any facts or intelligence? Who knows what kind of relationship the UFC and any fighter have. Maybe the UFC has already helped and didn't make it public knowledge. Maybe they are working on something. Maybe they aren't going to do a fucking thing, who knows?

But I suppose it's just another reason to bitch and moan ... to each their own I suppose.

Back