Why hasn't Dana and Lorenzo reached out to the Randleman family and offer help?

You can save money for your own funeral. It's a thing. People do it.

You can start a gofundme, but nobody is obligate to donate. I mean, for someone who dies young with cancer, a lot of people might donate. For someone who dies young of a heart attack, a lot of people might donate. But they might not donate if you die young from a heart attack and you took steroids and made a lot of money when you were younger. Actions have consequences, etc.

All I'm saying is that this seemingly-growing notion in our culture that your friends, former employers, etc. OWE you something when you die is pretty fucking annoying. Save for your death, or get life insurance, or do neither -- but in any case, don't blame your remaining family's financial situation on other people.

Also, my dad died when I was just starting a career. He saved nothing, and I didn't have much. He was cremated and we held a small gathering with close family and a pastor. Total cost = less than $5k.

Nobody is entitled to a $25k funeral just because "that's what these things cost." The real world makes you put on your big boy pants sometimes, and that can mean not getting what you want and not getting what other people get.

I'd wager that they have reached out to help. You're assumptive rant is a bit over the top. Condolences for your loss my man, hope your family is doing well.

because Dana doesnt give a shit about fighters when they are still alive. what makes you think he would care after they died?

The funny thing is if that Dana personally paid for the entire expense of the funeral, then paid off the families mortgage and gave all of his children college trust funds the average Sherdogger would say he did it for publicity and that Dana is a publicity seeking whore. There is no winning for Dana and Zuffa on this forum

The funny thing is if that Dana personally paid for the entire expense of the funeral, then paid off the families mortgage and gave all of his children college trust funds the average Sherdogger would say he did it for publicity and that Dana is a publicity seeking whore. There is no winning for Dana and Zuffa on this forum
I wouldn't say that. I would say good on Dana for having a heart and soul somewhere in that black abyss. If you want to know how much of a scumbag Dana is. Just look up the relationship he has with his mom.

Also Randleman was in mma and champion when there wasn't a lot of money in MMA. No wonder they need help. There was no money.

Zuffa promoted two fights of his fifteen years ago.

Just saying.

I wouldn't say that. I would say good on Dana for having a heart and soul somewhere in that black abyss. If you want to know how much of a scumbag Dana is. Just look up the relationship he has with his mom.

Also Randleman was in mma and champion when there wasn't a lot of money in MMA. No wonder they need help. There was no money.
His mom? The woman who wrote a tell all about her estranged adult son that she has no relationship based on hear say? What an angel. I am sure her family that doesn't want her in their lives are thrilled.

And yes sherdog would say that. I remember when Dana announced Bas was going into the hall of fame and sherdog attacked the UFC for trying to get good publicity lol.

Zuffa now owns Strike force and Pride. So there has to be some kind of ownership from Zuffa. It's like if a company buys out another company. Does that company not give a shit about the employees they just absorbed? Zuffa owns a lot of fight library footage of Randleman and his fights. No memorial? Nothing on UFC.com? That wouldn't cost them a red cent to put his go fund me on their website. And have one of their video editors spend 2 hours of his life creating a little Randleman Montage. I mean youtubers would do that shit for free!!! But would get taken down by Zuffa.
They did all that what are you talking about?

And the reason why I doubt UFC gave a red cent to Randlemans family is that on their news feed on UFC.com. There is no mention of Randlemans passing. Yet other sites like Sherdog and bloody elbow. It's all over the place. I guess I would believe it more if they even acknowledged his fucking death!! if they sent his family some money in secret. That's wishful thinking to the 10th power.
It was all over their instagram, there is a tribute on fightpass, they mentioned it on every piece of social media.

You are literally making things up to cry about.

And the reason why I doubt UFC gave a red cent to Randlemans family is that on their news feed on UFC.com. There is no mention of Randlemans passing. Yet other sites like Sherdog and bloody elbow. It's all over the place. I guess I would believe it more if they even acknowledged his fucking death!! if they sent his family some money in secret. That's wishful thinking to the 10th power.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Kevin-Randleman-1971-2016

Honestly, my opinion is that if you don't have the spare money to have a fancy funeral, then don't have a fancy funeral, get what the family involved can afford to do without getting into debt, to start a go fund me for a funeral is ridiculous, there's a lot off great causes out there where a donation can make a difference, this is not one of them.

The family had to be reduced to starting a go fund me page? Come on man. I know how it works. Unfortunately my mother passed away at age 51 from cancer 3 months ago. We started a go fund me to help cover expenses and I was almost brought to tears for how generous some people were. A typical funeral costs about 20k to 25k. Meaning u get a plot and a tombstone etc. For my mom we had to go a cheaper route and go with cremation. Cremation is about half the price as a typical casket burial. But the funeral is still the same. Picture slide show. Flowers. Access to the forrest lawn church etc.

Why didn't Dana and Lorenzo call up the family and say "Do you need any help?" $$$ wise. I plan to donate 20 bucks or so to the go fund me act. And I didn't even know Randleman personally. And on top of that. I don't make a lot of money at all. 20k to LORENZO Fertita is like 20 dollars to me. And Lorenzo and Dana actually know this guy. KEVIN never burned bridges either and dragged UFCS name through the mud either.

It just goes to show you that these douche bags who run the UFC only care about their god. That God being money. I hope they rot in eternity. It seems the only time they even attempt to help a fighter out is when they can get something out of him. Like when Rampage went on his little Rampage. Dana was quick to help there because Rampage was one of their bigger stars and a draw. Just total scumbags at Zuffa.

It's just a prime example or a microcosm of how bad the fighters get screwed over by Zuffa. From the Reebok deal to the low ball offers. It sucks. I won't support a company like this. So feel free to bootleg UFC ppvs and all of their content. In fact I highly encourage it. Then go out and support your favorite fighter by buying a sponsor they have outside the UFC and their bullshit Reebok deal. That's what u do if you're an mma fan and fan of the true heroes. The fighters.

I don't know why I'm so salty over this. I was hoping for a silver lining and to see some good in people. Yes Even in Dana and Lorenzo. But I was disappointed. I mean that would have been such a huge positive story if Zuffa came out and either donated a nice chunk of cash towards Randlemans expenses or covered the whole thing. Who knows. There is still time. Maybe Dana trolls this website and would read this. Maybe has a change or heart.
It would've been a very generous move on the UFC's part to donate money to the Randleman's, but to hold it against them that they haven't doesn't seem right. Idk, though the UFC probably should send a little dough their way.

Honestly, my opinion is that if you don't have the spare money to have a fancy funeral, then don't have a fancy funeral, get what the family involved can afford to do without getting into debt, to start a go fund me for a funeral is ridiculous, there's a lot off great causes out there where a donation can make a difference, this is not one of them.

The funeral industry is ridiculous and preys on the grieving.

I think it would be awesome if Dana and Lorenzo paid tribute to Kevin Randleman by taking care of his funeral expenses for his family. Mayweather did it for a couple boxers

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/168972-mayweather-pays-tribute-to-hernandez-corrales-gatti

I'm sure Lorenzo/Dana could afford it as well. They don't have to, it is there money, but it would be a nice thing to do.

It may well be a nice touch, but what then, are the obliged to pay for the funerals of all 500 fighters on the roster? Who gets their funerals paid for, who doesn't?

It would be nice for Dana and Lorenzo to send flowers of condolence. That would be a nice touch, but that's really all that's required of them, or should be required of them.

I would send flowers to staff when family members died, I would send flowers if a regular or valued customer died. But it was not my responsibility to pay for their funerals.

Its a grown up world, that's what life insurance and the like is for.

Maybe zuffa should just buy some land and allow all former ufc fighters to be buried at minimal cost, or free if you allow Reebok branding on the headstone.

I'm not unsympathetic towards the Randleman family, they have my utmost sympathy, but its not Dana's responsibility.

To be fair though. It's not them suggesting that it is. Its sherdoggers who just like any reason to bitch

I will be making sure my family know that I wan't a bare bones funeral, I have a life insurance policy, for £150,000, it only cost me about £17 a month.

I will be making sure my wife and kids know that the payout money has to be used to help them in their lives, not to put me in some fancy box, burn me and scatter my ashes and i'll be a happy camper(well not really coz I wont exist)

Back