Why hasn't Aoki and Askren fought yet?

applesbananas

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Wtf is going on? Thats like the only fight I care about seeing in OneFC. It would be dope as hell. You've got the best submission artist in his weight division (one of the best of all time) against arguably the best wrestler in his. This would be a sick matchup. Worst case scenario, Askren uses his wrestling to keep the fight standing and we've got a terrible striking match. Even then I would like to see it because we rarely get to see these two fight standing.

images

You're asking too much, Aoki hasn't even fought ONCE this year

That would cost one fc more money than they have budgeted for 3 events

even though Aoki fought Welter in the past, Askren would rag doll him so hard

They have less to gain by making that matchup than you do by making your Friday morning slightly better, just so the next day you can talk about how the winner's wasting their career in ONE and ONE should just roll over and be another one of the UFC's Fightpass bitches and give all their fighters to them.

They have less to gain by making that matchup than you do by making your Friday morning slightly better, just so the next day you can talk about how the winner's wasting their career in ONE and ONE should just roll over and be another one of the UFC's Fightpass bitches and give all their fighters to them.

200w.gif

Didn't Aoki rag on Rizin recently or something?

I know it was some self-hating kinda shit.

Funny stuff.

Askren is a weightclass above aoki and if im not mistaken they train together at evolve MMA in Singapore

Aoki just take easy fights nowadays.. if he fights at all.

Askren is now the #34 WW, his rank dropped like crazy (from#6) because all he fights is cans. I really hope they let him fight in Rizin like Aoki and he can rematch Lima. That or 1C needs to poach somebody with all that money (like Strickland in the UFC).

Askren is a weightclass above aoki and if im not mistaken they train together at evolve MMA in Singapore

Correct.

After Aoki brutally pounded out Sakuraba he said he had been training with Askren and would now try to finish all his fights using ground and pound... So I'm guessing Askren dominated him in the grappling dept.

One doesn't want to make Aoki look bad just to hype up Ben. I think Aoki might be the bigger draw for them in Asia also.

It's hard for me to believe that Askren can out grapple Aoki when Marcelo Garcia did this to Askren

Didn't Aoki rag on Rizin recently or something?

I know it was some self-hating kinda shit.

Funny stuff.
Yeah, he said they're a bunch of lacklusters for depending on some female wrestlers to promote themselves or something like that.
There was a thread about it

Back