Why hasn’t anyone stood up to the UFC and its business

A lot of these fighters need to market themselves outside of the UFC as well. Dont depend on one company to take care of you if you're a low tier fighter or cant win a bout to save your life. It's getting to the point of a workers compensation claim for injury, except you already know your going to get injured fighting duh! Now after your time is up, or you retired , you want some get back money from them? Really? Can any of us go back to a former employer and demand more money cause we fell on hard times? Hell no!

A lot of these fighters need to market themselves outside of the UFC as well. Dont depend on one company to take care of you if you're a low tier fighter or cant win a bout to save your life. It's getting to the point of a workers compensation claim for injury, except you already know your going to get injured fighting duh! Now after your time is up, or you retired , you want some get back money from them? Really? Can any of us go back to a former employer and demand more money cause we fell on hard times? Hell no!
So fighters are supposed to train full time and either hire a part or full time social media person or work essentially another part or full time job. What a brilliant solution to fighter pay just work more than 1 job.

Because mma is a peculiar industry without certain benefits athletes in team sports reap and conversely with downsides that athletes in team sports don't have to face.

Not to mention some 1 year contracts in other sports would be worth more than what a combat sports athlete makes in their entire career.
"....shorter contracts means more frequent access to free agency and higher pay....."....but only for mma......​

"....shorter contracts means more frequent access to free agency and higher pay....."....but only for mma......​
Yup, I don't see what in that statement you are taking issue with. It's almost like there has to be a balance between athletes wanting shorter contracts and teams or owners wanting contracts long enough to be an asset to the team. I know, such a revelation. You don't see me calling for 1 fight contracts.

Yup, I don't see what in that statement you are taking issue with. It's almost like there has to be a balance between athletes wanting shorter contracts and teams or owners wanting contracts long enough to be an asset to the team. I know, such a revelation. You don't see me calling for 1 fight contracts.
So you think mike trout signed a 12 year deal because he wanted a shorter contract but the team won out? Lol….

So you think mike trout signed a 12 year deal because he wanted a shorter contract but the team won out? Lol….
I mean...he signed it because it guaranteed him a shit load of money and the team presumably wanted to build itself around him. Glad we're going for anecdotal straws now to try and argue shorter contracts in mma would benefit fighters over all.

Back