Why Has Weidman Been Put On Ice???

There was a post yesterday saying he's on the New Years card against Rockhold. He's not exactly in Cain or Cruz territory yet. Though I wouldn't expect him to fight more than twice a year.

He was saying he wants to fight soon again after the last fight, they were eyeing the MSG option but he made it clear if it doesn't go through, he will fight whoever they put in front of him earlier than the MSG card would have been. We just need to wait for the announcement, it's not just up to him. As far as I know he has not been injured.

UFC wants to make money with him and give him a big event to star. Hopefully they get a fight scheduled sooner rather than later.

Also one thing to consider. We know that the eggplant will salute other pigeons. But that doesn't work on our schedule, it happens when it happens. Naturally, like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. We can only speculate and make educated guesses.

Also one thing to consider. We know that the eggplant will salute other pigeons. But that doesn't work on our schedule, it happens when it happens. Naturally, like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. We can only speculate and make educated guesses.

i think what you just said is that it isn't a simple matter of Joe Silva slotting names into a spreadsheet and BOOM we have a card; instead, there are many factors - each factors involving it's own set of negotiations, often involving multiple parties - and takes time.

it could be Zuffa/Dana/Joe putting him "on ice" as TS so eloquently states. or it could be that Weidman's agent is dropping the ball. or that Zuffa offered a date and Weidman's brother is getting married that weekend. or the agent cannot reach Chris. or that Chris is currently discussing his agents ideas with his fight team. or Matt Serra is on vacation. or Chris said yes twice but the opponent had trouble with the first date and is now in negotiation with Zuffa on the 2nd date, but the opponent's trainer has 2 other fighters fighting that weekend and is getting his ducks in a row.

in other words, it's never just Zuffa's fault, and TS should know better than to pretend so.

again, i *think* i'm just elaborating on what psychodad said. not 100% sure though.

he and his wife are about to have another baby

This

It will be good for the MW division when Rockhold takes him out.

If this was a Brazilian fighter, taking such long layoffs there would be all kind of accusations flying around

Oh right! Now he's ducking Romero now. I forgot :/

I'm saying he will duck him, which is why he's trying to be as inactive as possible. He saw the life and death struggle he had with old man Machida, saw how a legitimate world class wrestler/athlete destroyed him & will want absolutely nothing to do with him.

I'm saying he will duck him, which is why he's trying to be as inactive as possible. He saw the life and death struggle he had with old man Machida, saw how a legitimate world class wrestler/athlete destroyed him & will want absolutely nothing to do with him.

He beat Machida 4 rounds to 1, what the hell are you talking about?

So now he's got this master plan to wait as long between fights so as to avoid Romero in the possible future! Ah, what a grand schemer that Weidman.

I really hope Luke takes him out. He's out for nearly a year, then he destroys Vitor in one round. Now he's taking another 7 months off? The MW division deserves a better champion.

This

It will be good for the MW division when Rockhold takes him out.

If this was a Brazilian fighter, taking such long layoffs there would be all kind of accusations flying around

Rockhold won't last a round. And no, if a Brazilian was vocal about wanting to fight the most dominant champ in the sport, a weight class above, I don't see how any accusations could be said.

Yeah he must be afraid to fight the almighty Rockhold so much that he wanted the easy way with some coke snorting felon who isn't even a champ. Right? You make so much sense dude. I think you're on to something

He didn't have to fight to get a good deal on the ice in his wife's jewellery.

Weidman's going to be like Cain. Declared the GOAT despite fighting maybe 3 times in a 2 year span. Then father time will catch up and we'll all look back and saw that he didn't stay active enough to cement a legacy.

Hope it doesn't go this way.

Back