Why has the UFC never been to Hawaii?

Diaz vs Silva
Penn vs Diaz for title contender
Browne vs Overeem
Romero vs Mousasi
McGregor(if he wins) vs Bermudez/Guida winner
Hold it in Aloha stadium (50K people, its where the pro bowl is)
Would be a fun card and would do well in Hawaii I think.

Diaz vs Silva
Penn vs Diaz for title contender
Browne vs Overeem
Romero vs Mousasi
McGregor(if he wins) vs Bermudez/Guida winner
Hold it in Aloha stadium (50K people, its where the pro bowl is)
Would be a fun card and would do well in Hawaii I think.
You must be asleep, coz you dreamin'.

Expensive to run and it would have to be a stadium show. They would have to have the right fight to sell it out and make it worth it

Penn/GSP would have done it but they didn't go that route for whatever reason. Probably for the best with how the 2nd fight went.

:icon_chee

I dont think people on the east coast want to stay up until 5am watching a fight night.

WTF? UFC PPV cards normal local start times are 4pm or 5pm. Hawaii isn't as far from continental USA as Japan or Macau or Singapore.

I think the last I heard from a Dana scrum was the tax issue wasn't a problem anymore, but the lack of a good enough, big enough venue with a roof in case of rain. It doesn't constantly rain as if it's an Amazon rainforest.

Plenty of UFC fighters come from Hawaii, why has a UFC show never happened there?

BJ Penn
Travis Browne
KJ Noons
Yancy Medeiros
Max Holloway
Louis Smolka
Dustin Kimura
Brad Tavares
Russell Doane
Eddie Yagin

Give them opponents, and that's a solid fight night card.

They've yet to hold an event in San Diego, of all places! San Diego is loaded w/ MMA fans! I attended Diaz vs. Daley at the SD Sports Arena. Good show, but obviously not UFC.

bum_dana_white.jpg

LOL So good

They were trying to set up War Machine vs Jeremy Stephens as a main event for a Hawaii card, but both fighters were arrested.

dog-bounty-hunter-returns-tonight.jpg

Back