Why has no one tried to leg lock Jones?

Pretty sure Shogun tried a dropping leg/ankle/knee lock or something and Jones just stepped out of it

yeah this is the first thing that came to mind. shogun looked dangerous with the sweeps off his back. jones can just spread his base and drop the odd elbow and youre going to bleed out if stitch doesnt plug all your leaks in the next couple minutes. bad plan

put jones on his back. never, and i mean emphatically never let jones get on top. he has the best GNP in the history of mma. you want to put jones where hes weak not strong dumb dumb

Someone should try the punch against Jones and try to make a knockout. That would let a win happen against Jones.

They should just try the jet li, stomp on his knee while they are both standing.

Shogun tried, I seen the fight about 30-35 times I remember him dropping down to try to do a quick leg lock similar to Mir-Lesnar I but he wasn't strong enough to drag Jones down.

leglocks are a lot harder to get on people with long legs...at least in my experience.

Such a long target with no muscle mass. You'd think people would start training to do this. A heel hook or straight foot lock would end Jones' championship reign.

why hasnt anyone just hit a flying arm bar on him? HIs arms are so long.

do you even think before you post?

Maybe there too busy getting the crap beat out of them ts

Maybe there too busy getting the crap beat out of them ts

Something like this lol.

Did you even watch the Shogun fight? Going for half hearted leg locks was the only thing that somewhat broke up the vicious, stomach churning beating that Jones laid on him for the better part of twenty minutes.

If they fail, they end up with Jones on top of them and get hellbowed into bolivian.

Such a long target with no muscle mass. You'd think people would start training to do this. A heel hook or straight foot lock would end Jones' championship reign.

Why do people thinks fighting is so easy that you can plan every move on paper?

This reminds of an ignorant workmate that I once knew who talks about how they can counter various locks... yeah it is not that simple in actual sparring/fight mate.

Shogun tried twice. The first attempt was deep, and I am pretty sure the ref could have called the fight , since Jones screamed in pain, which is in the rules as a verbal tap.

I hope you're joking.

What do you think?? Lol

These days if things don't go my way I gotta pretend it happened.

I'm a bit surprised some took that seriously

Why doesn't people just beat Jones, I mean, he's right there in front of them...!

Shogun tried twice. The first attempt was deep, and I am pretty sure the ref could have called the fight , since Jones screamed in pain, which is in the rules as a verbal tap.

yes same way as fedor also tapped to arlovski and hunt.

Because if you fail the leg lock, you end up with Jones on top of you, and that's no fun.

Back