Why has no one tried to leg lock Jones?

Jones tried a kneebar on Shogun at the end of a round
jon-jones-kneebar-attempt-shogun-ufc-128.gif

Daniel "Paul Harris" Cormier

I can see it now...

Shogun tried a few times but failed. I don't think any of the attempts were that close either. I don't want to rewatch that fight so I can't say with certainty.

leg locks are dangerous to attempt on anyone, let alone a LHW GOAT champion.

Your 2 hands are wrapped around his legs, leaving your defense to be how many punches and elbows can you eat before you can tear his leg off or he knocks you the fuck out.

The thing about leg locks in Mma (not Bjj) is you need to attack with both hands leaving yourself defenses for strikes to the face.

Edit: pancake beat me to it (barely 😉).

Shogun a few times.....he had him deep in one after a scramble where Jones almost tapped in round 1 and then he attempted another leg lock that was close after he knocked Jones down with a big head kick and hurt him......he should have kept on GNPing and would have got that stoppage.

Maybe you need to rewatch that fight...

Lol @ 16 stone/225 pound on fight night Jones having "no muscle mass".

Do you even 6% body fat bro?

Shogun tried from half guard and also tried to drop when he had Jones in a standing body lock, but failed miserably, from that point Shogun got destroyed.

Im suprised more fighters dont attempt the camel clutch on him because of his long torso or judo chop around the neck area.

Jones vs even more bulked up Palhares at 205 would be very fun. Jones would probably be running from Palhares while the latter would be monkey rolling and hunting for his legs.

Didn't shogun try lel?

Shogun tried and failed. Either way an armbar or an omoplata is a better tactic given his arm length.

Shogun a few times.....he had him deep in one after a scramble where Jones almost tapped in round 1 and then he attempted another leg lock that was close after he knocked Jones down with a big head kick and hurt him......he should have kept on GNPing and would have got that stoppage.

I hope you're joking.

Are you insane?

Back