Why has no one tried to leg lock Jones?

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Such a long target with no muscle mass. You'd think people would start training to do this. A heel hook or straight foot lock would end Jones' championship reign.

True dat
500px-Snowball_I.png

Pretty sure Shogun tried a dropping leg/ankle/knee lock or something and Jones just stepped out of it

so would a clean head kick, but it's not that easy

The problem is that fights don't start with them having Jones in a leg lock. Jones is hard to take down in the first round. In the third round, his opponents are half blind and eating non stop oblique kicks, making them pretty much quit.

I hope AKA coaches are surfing sherdog today, so many groundbreaking threads on how to beat Jones and make it look easy.

Such a long target with no muscle mass. You'd think people would start training to do this. A heel hook or straight foot lock would end Jones' championship reign.

I wish i could leg lock this thread. I love to see someone try and end up on bottom catching hellbows.

Because not many people know how to setup and execute a leglock let alone are proficient enough at it in order to catch a championship level fighter in one

Do you do BJJ?
Because the most common way to pull off a leg submission is for the opponent to be on their back and in their open guard. I think I have seen Jones on his back once and he popped up almost instantly.

Have you thought about coaching?

Shogun a few times.....he had him deep in one after a scramble where Jones almost tapped in round 1 and then he attempted another leg lock that was close after he knocked Jones down with a big head kick and hurt him......he should have kept on GNPing and would have got that stoppage.

Shogun a few times.....he had him deep in one after a scramble where Jones almost tapped in round 1 and then he attempted another leg lock that was close after he knocked Jones down with a big head kick and hurt him......he should have kept on GNPing and would have got that stoppage.

Jones didn't almost tap to anything in that fight

I remember Shogun trying to pull off a leg lock on Jones.

Time for Palhares to move up to LHW and claim what is rightfully his.

Jones would probably reign down some lethal elbows with that super reach of his.

Back