Why has no one tried a Ryu Uppercut in MMA yet?

mcdonkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Imagine someone gets knocked out that way LOL. I suppose you could do it kinda like the way you do a leaping left hook, except instead of throwing the hook you throw the uppercut. It doesn't seem impractical to me.

The fact that MMA isn't in 2D makes this move very difficult.

Ryu-super-dragon-punch.gif

http://members.tripod.com/streetfighter_3/Ryu-super-dragon-punch.gif

Switch your user name to McJackass.

cause its too deadly for the sport. have you seen sagats chest?

I tried it once while messing around and took a hard shot to the spine...

its a great counter for when people leap over the fireball you throw at them and try to kick you in the head. but turns out such a situation is actually pretty rare.

I throw a mean shoryuken. No flames though, but mean nonetheless. I generally will use it right after a forward flip over them and get em from behind.

To be honest though...if you keep a crouched stance and can get inside and time it right, you may be able to pull it off. I probably wouldn't try it, but that's just me. You should try it in sparring and see how it goes!

Shoryuken? I always thought it was called an all-you-can.

Anyways, if doing a 360 after throwing a jumping uppercut helped in any way, I think Tyson would have been doing it.

Your not supposed to lead with a hook unless your name is Mayweather. Leading with an uppercut is just asking to get KO'd. Maybe you could get away with it in MMA because of the god awful boxing though,

You could try it in a jab-cross-step in-shoryuken!

You could try it in a jab-cross-step in-shoryuken!

this sounds like a serious discussion on how to set up a shoryuken.. Haha to funny!

In a good way. :icon_chee

You serious? Hadoukens have been played out since 93.

The trick is to lead with the jump kick to close range, then follow up with the shoryuken. If the opponent blocks, jump back and throw a fireball. If they block, keep spamming fireballs. If they jump over it towards you...SHORYUKEN!

Back