Why has Nate never evolved as a fighter?

Lol, Nate just turned 36. Jan is 38 and Usman and Francis are 34. All of those guys are still evolving. Nate isn’t old, he’s dumb and lazy. He got dominated by Leon in every aspect of MMA and landed one lucky punch. His skill set never allowed him to become a champ and he did nothing to change that
The punch wasn’t lucky, Jan has always been a bad ass in a tough division, and like it’s already been established had Nate been a savage and taken the scrub out last night you’d be singing a different tune so you might as well humble your opinion.

Let’s be realistic here. Nate and Nick always claim they won all their fights. This mentality hinders their ability to make improvements in their style. “Why should I check leg kicks when I won the fight? The judges had it wrong. Everybody is stupid and out to get me.” I respect Nate and enjoy watching him fight but his tiresome gameplan of getting battered the first couple rounds -only to rally in the final round when his opponent is tired- is repetitious and predictable. You can’t do the same thing over and over and expect a different outcome. Didn’t Einstein say that?

Because they prefer open handed slaps vs actual punches for some reason. Also lack of athleticism. In todays game skill can only take you so far. With out any of it.

Simple. In their minds and in the minds of many of their fans, they've never lost.
And I say this with respect. I also believe the stubbornness that prevents them from evolving as fighters actually contributes to what makes them so durable.

He has the same weaknesses all throughout his career, boxing stance, heavy on lead leg which gets kicked to oblivion by his opponent. Lack of kicks and wrestling…

In contrast you get fighters whose weakness is exposed and they work to rectify it. Not sure how much is Nate or how much is his team but you know what’s going to happen every-time he fights.
He has the same weaknesses all throughout his career, boxing stance, heavy on lead leg which gets kicked to oblivion by his opponent. Lack of kicks and wrestling…

In contrast you get fighters whose weakness is exposed and they work to rectify it. Not sure how much is Nate or how much is his team but you know what’s going to happen every-time he fights.

The celebration in defeat said it all, he is a happy loser as long as it's competitive and he prolongs his "muh never quit" status.

The best fighters? Tell that to Benson and RDA who handled Nate on the feet and on the ground with ease.

of course they did, they just used UFC rules that reward lay and pray
but didn't RDA lose his red panty night because he bruised his toe? isn't benson getting knocked out by nobodies in bellator?

nate has legendary cardio, titanium chin, olympic level boxing, gracie lineage BJJ, unshakeable confidence, and one of the best fighters of all time in his corner

Nate's stubbornness is probably why he has cardio and toughness in his fights.

of course they did, they just used UFC rules that reward lay and pray
but didn't RDA lose his red panty night because he bruised his toe? isn't benson getting knocked out by nobodies in bellator?

nate has legendary cardio, titanium chin, olympic level boxing, gracie lineage BJJ, unshakeable confidence, and one of the best fighters of all time in his corner
Benson and RDA certainly didn't lay and pray to beat Nate. All that cardio, chin, boxing, BJJ, confidence, and corner on his side and he had very little to no success in either of those fights.

Benson and RDA certainly didn't lay and pray to beat Nate. All that cardio, chin, boxing, BJJ, confidence, and corner on his side and he had very little to no success in either of those fights.

i bet you a HUGE jon fitch fan

Because most of the time his best offense is his middle finger, his record is tampon-red, yet he retains a cult-like following.

No need for him to evolve as winning fights is not his thing.

Why has no Gracie or Gracie trained fighter evolved is a better question.

Ego and stubbornness. I hope he doesn’t regret being a diva and not fighting more often. It’s always WAR DIAZ though

He's not a fighter, He's a brawler. Fighters usually treat the sport with such professionalism, they make it so that they have smart game plans, techniques, etc.

Brawlers just compete because they want to beat the living shit out of you, they don't usually care if they win or lose, but they rather entertain. Wanderlei Silva is a Brawler himself, so are The Diaz Brothers.

That's why they taunt and slap the shit out of you, not because they're professionals but they want to beat your ass. Very simple of a game plan.

Ironically that’s part of his brand.

Don’t get me wrong, if he did a weight training program and came into his next fight looking more like Chiesa or something, checking kicks and started knocking guys out, fans would love it.

But part of what got him here in terms of popularity is that legendary Diaz Bros obstinacy.

It's weird because in some fights he looks fast and smooth on the feet plus his reaction time is a lot quicker,
then in other fights he looks slow and sloppy and really doesn't give a fuck if he takes shots.

Back