Why has Bas Rutten never commentated for the UFC?

Because as a commentator he fucking sucks. Flame away but when I watch Pride, I mute it. Absolutely hate his over the top, WWE, almost comically fictitious personality. Bar fight videos and the likes, smh.

I want someone who actually says what is going on, not, oh, the triangle is a good choke.

I have you listed to him commentate? I think he's better than any of the other guys, and he knows more about mma, in my opinion. I don't see how he's not professional...

Yea I have, he just goes off topic too much and such. I'm not saying I wouldent want him to commentate but it just won't happen. If I could have it my way I would put "the voice" in the UFC lol. "good night Irene!"

The company needs a straight man such as Goldberg to deal with the promotion/casual side of things. Rogan, in contrast, provides the 'colour'. There's no way you'll get two such guys commentating at one time. Remember who the UFC is catering to (hint: it isn't you)

Bas would be great he just wouldn't take any shit and would speak his mind whenever he felt theirs a issue like his bff rampage.

They are worried about Bas showing up to the clubs/bars for the after parties :icon_chee

Bas is an awful commentator. There i said it.

So is Quadros.

The company needs a straight man such as Goldberg to deal with the promotion/casual side of things. Rogan, in contrast, provides the 'colour'. There's no way you'll get two such guys commentating at one time. Remember who the UFC is catering to (hint: it isn't you)

Kinda true about who the UFC is catering to, I wouldn't say it's completely not me. Dana should at least try it though once or twice, hell he's done it with as bunch of others guys.

How many times does this need said?

Rogan and Bas are both color commentators, they are not PBP guys. They do the same job. UFC has a whole bunch of guys who can do color, and they have the best color man in the business in Rogan. When Rogan isn't there, they have Couture, Mir, Stann, Sonnen, Florian, and Bonnar, all of whom have done it at some level in the past.

Even though Schiavello considers himself a PBP guy, he's more a color guy, and not a good one(really with either), which is why he drags down every team he's on. It doesn't help that he's usually with Trigg, who is HORRIBLE.

They should have Bas and the voice do commentating on the TUF fights. Might make some of the more boring ones funny at least.

that Goldie has been known to straight out lie during his commentating. I remember his comment about Mark Hunt brutalizing Fedor for 8 min. before Fedor beat him. I watched the fight afterwards, he couldn't have been wrong. It was just a lie. Bas isn't bad, he is just different.

Rogan and Bas are both color commentators, they are not PBP guys.

It has to be said forever, cause (a lot of) people simply doesn't understand the difference. They just view commentators as... a couple of guys that say stuff.

Rogan and Bas are both color commentators, they are not PBP guys. They do the same job. UFC has a whole bunch of guys who can do color, and they have the best color man in the business in Rogan. When Rogan isn't there, they have Couture, Mir, Stann, Sonnen, Florian, and Bonnar, all of whom have done it at some level in the past.

Even though Schiavello considers himself a PBP guy, he's more a color guy, and not a good one(really with either), which is why he drags down every team he's on. It doesn't help that he's usually with Trigg, who is HORRIBLE.

They lean more towards the color side, but know their shit more than most, I mean non-fighters. They def have enough PBP, straightness, whatever to do a good job. Hell I think there color is dynamic enough to be PBP at the same time, and to a good extent is, def just as good as Goldie or Anik haha.

Last edited:
1. Because they already have Rogan.

2. Because he's doing commentary for other orgs.

3. Because he has an accent and isnt American

1. Because they already have Rogan.

2. Because he's doing commentary for other orgs.

3. Because he has an accent and isnt American

in a nutshell!

why would u have two color guys? you need someone to call plays...

It has to be said forever, cause (a lot of) people simply doesn't understand the difference. They just view commentators as... a couple of guys that say stuff.

welcome to sherdog

Back