Why has Bas Rutten never commentated for the UFC?

krpv23

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This guy is awesome; he's a fighter, has a good personality for commentating, and has done mma commentating. Joe and Bas together would be good.

Just because. No. Bas is a great guy but I'd rather have him as an MMA analyst, not a professional commentator. (yes I know joes not the most professional guy either)

maybe if goldie doesn't come back they might make him an offer.

90% of the time Bas is talking about himself.
His stories are fun but it can get too much.

My guess is that Bas was with Pride and the UFC guys are still a bit bitter.

Thinking about it is weird, even Tank did commentate

Just because. No. Bas is a great guy but I'd rather have him as an MMA analyst, not a professional commentator. (yes I know joes not the most professional guy either)

I have you listed to him commentate? I think he's better than any of the other guys, and he knows more about mma, in my opinion. I don't see how he's not professional...

UFC is an American company. Announcers and commentators should be native english speakers.

bas is great as a commentator, but i think ufc will not hire him... if wsof can last, i think he is their man

UFC is an American company. Announcers and commentators should be native english speakers.

with the way goldie stumbles over himself every few minutes, somehow i'm not convinced.

Bas cares more about MMA than the UFC, which disqualifies you from the position.

American billionaire Mark Cuban, business mogul doesn't seem to have a problem with Bas's english... I think it's def good enough

Bas cares more about MMA than the UFC, which disqualifies you from the position.

Yeah that could be a problem; but at least Dana could have a sit-down with Bas and discuss it.

I've never really been a fan of Bas' commentating. I'm sure there are other fan's who agree with me.

Because if Dana & the brass get angry with Bas....it's NOT going down like it normally does with the rest of the staff. I know there are probably plenty of employees that COULD kick Dana's ass (Rogan, for instance), but......Bas WILL f*ck someone up. :icon_lol:

This guy is awesome; he's a fighter, has a good personality for commentating, and has done mma commentating. Joe and Bas together would be good.

Joe & bas would be the best duo EVER! (been clamoring for this since forever!)
2 guys who knows the sport, are funny as hell and don't BS around.

DO IT DANA!!!!!!

I couldn't stand having Bas commentating for the UFC. So glad I win, and you who do want Bas in the UFC, lose.

Bas did do guest commentating once for the UFC, like they use to do with Tank Abbott. I don't remember which UFC it was, but it would have been during the time Bas was fighting in the UFC.

Back