Why Glover?

TS when he made the thread :

ySBZJhr.jpg

Davis is the only legit contender his resume is better than glover's

You mad?

Take yo hating ass back where you came from and keep sipping on that haterade, thats what noobs like you do best when it comes to a discussion about Jones.

Lol, again: No one was hating on Jones, child.
Now, go sit at the back of the class, and learn to shut up until you can learn to read.
:)

Glover has won 20 fights in a row at LHW.

Bader's win over Rampage > Gus's win over Shogun

Davis is the only legit contender his resume is better than glover's

Same argument could be made for Lil-Nog, and while he lost a very boring/close fight to Davis, his recent win over Rashad can't be ignored. Especially considering how badly Rashad dominated Davis.

Same argument could be made for Lil-Nog, and while he lost a very boring/close fight to Davis, his recent win over Rashad can't be ignored. Especially considering how badly Rashad dominated Davis.

Davis also beat Machida finished Gus and taught Gus the wrestling he used to take Jones down. Also Lil Nog doesn't fight very much.While Davis certainly deserves a shot more than Glover Gus was the one who deserved a rematch. The UFC are being such hypocrites awarding rematches to fighters who get KTFO but don't give rematches to fighters losing controversial decisions.

Before anyone starts with the flaming, I am not in any way fighter bashing. This is a legitimate question. Why should Glover get the next fight with Jon Jones? His mot impressive UFC win is over Ryan Bader, who just happened to rock him on the feet. And while he came from behind to KO him, if Bader was able to stun him, imagine what Jones will do to him in the cage?

Glover needs another top ten win or two before fighting Jones. I know some people are going to think this 20 fight win streak earns Glover a title fight, but it doesn't. They aren't all top guys.

So what are the reasons behind giving him a title fight? Are people that anxious to see him get beaten by Jones? Do people think he legitimately deserves a title shot for beating Bader? What's the deal here?

If not Glover than who??? Personally I'd like to see a rematch with Gus, but Jones obviously doesn't want that. So if not Glover then who????

If not Glover than who??? Personally I'd like to see a rematch with Gus, but Jones obviously doesn't want that. So if not Glover then who????

Phil Davis. The guy who finished Gus and taught him the wrestling to take Jones down.

Phil Davis. The guy who finished Gus and taught him the wrestling to take Jones down.

So Phil Davis on a 3 fight win streak the last of which many ppl think he lost and the other 2 wins over Magalhaes and Prado over Glover on a 20 fight win streak the last 5 of which were in the UFC?

Before anyone starts with the flaming, I am not in any way fighter bashing. This is a legitimate question. Why should Glover get the next fight with Jon Jones? His mot impressive UFC win is over Ryan Bader, who just happened to rock him on the feet. And while he came from behind to KO him, if Bader was able to stun him, imagine what Jones will do to him in the cage?

Glover needs another top ten win or two before fighting Jones. I know some people are going to think this 20 fight win streak earns Glover a title fight, but it doesn't. They aren't all top guys.

So what are the reasons behind giving him a title fight? Are people that anxious to see him get beaten by Jones? Do people think he legitimately deserves a title shot for beating Bader? What's the deal here?

Slightly staggered, then turns around an hands Bader a KTFO in the first round.

First round KO is unimpressive now? What, exactly, would be impressive?

1.) Before the Gus/Jones fight, more people felt Glover had a chance against the champ than Gus.
2.) A 20-fight professional win streak is impressive. No matter how you look at it.
3.) He's been dominant in his UFC run, and first round victories over Bader and Te Huna are nothing to look down your nose at.
4.) Aside from Gus, who else would you give a title shot to? Maybe Davis, but his Nc to a fighter that the UFC has now cut; his loss to Rashad; and the very controversial decision over Machida set him back quite a bit.
5.) Glover has never been put in danger in a fight by a skill that the champion possesses.
6.) Gus deserves an immediate rematch, but isn't everyone tired of immediate rematches?

not when they are deserved. I think having a fight between the rematch will be good for both of them though.

Didnt Jones get a shot at Shogun by beating Bader??

....and he beat Rampage as well

As for the top part of the quote - No. He got a shot by stepping in for an injured Rashad Evans.

And Rampage hasn't been Rampage in years. Hardly a top caliber win anymore. Glover doesn't deserve the shot with a win over Bader. He should have to get 1-2 more top ten wins. Giving guys shots without the top wins to back it up is what kills the legitimacy of the championships.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Glover can beat Jones. But it's unlikely. Jones is going to get an early TKO. Round one, maybe two. And he'll make it look easy because he's got the reach, speed and wrestling to defeat Glover. This is the fight UFC wants for Jones. It gets him back to looking dominant. Jones is money.

no other contender to fight jones and theyre not rushing for a Gus rematch.

He's on a 20 fight win streak with a lot of finishes. He's 5-0 in the UFC. His last two fights were KO of the Night and Sub of the Night.

Who would you rather see Jones fight right now? Maybe they could bring up Bisping from MW.

Pretty much this... Jones has beaten all of the other top LHWs (Phil Davis is the only other one around) and they have to match him up with someone.

Please suggest anyone else if you gonna make this thread.

Davis is on a worse streak, lost to Rashad a bit ago.
Machida lost to Davis.
Hendo lost to Machida.
Rashad lost to Nog.
Shogun lost to everyone.
Gus just lost to Jones.
DC is a chubby chaser messing around with Roy and wasting time off his career.
Bader just got KTFO.

And you have Glover, a SICK streak, finishing anyone he's put against.

So that's why Glover.

Bye.

I can't comprehend why this is that hard to see. Imo, anyone between Gus, Phis and Glover would be ok.

So Phil Davis on a 3 fight win streak the last of which many ppl think he lost and the other 2 wins over Magalhaes and Prado over Glover on a 20 fight win streak the last 5 of which were in the UFC?

Yes actually. Glover's only had 5 fights in the UFC with Rampage and Bader being his only notable victories. Davis has only one loss in the UFC and has beat Gus, Lil Nog and Machida. He also has a longer reach and better wrestling which gives him a better chance against Jones than Glover.

He's on a 20 fight win streak with a lot of finishes. He's 5-0 in the UFC. His last two fights were KO of the Night and Sub of the Night.

Who would you rather see Jones fight right now? Maybe they could bring up Bisping from MW.

Bisping by decision.

Back