Why Glover?

Downward Spiral

Cult of Personality
@Orange
Reaction score
Before anyone starts with the flaming, I am not in any way fighter bashing. This is a legitimate question. Why should Glover get the next fight with Jon Jones? His mot impressive UFC win is over Ryan Bader, who just happened to rock him on the feet. And while he came from behind to KO him, if Bader was able to stun him, imagine what Jones will do to him in the cage?

Glover needs another top ten win or two before fighting Jones. I know some people are going to think this 20 fight win streak earns Glover a title fight, but it doesn't. They aren't all top guys.

So what are the reasons behind giving him a title fight? Are people that anxious to see him get beaten by Jones? Do people think he legitimately deserves a title shot for beating Bader? What's the deal here?

His most impressive UFC win is over Ryan Bader, who just happened to rock him on the feet. And while he came from behind to KO him, if Bader was able to stun him, imagine what Jones will do to him in the cage?

Bader hits a lot harder than Jones.

who else should fight jones? ratard already got beat, gus just lost, Machida is at middle, nog is in limbo, so the only choice is glover

He's on a 20 fight win streak with a lot of finishes. He's 5-0 in the UFC. His last two fights were KO of the Night and Sub of the Night.

Who would you rather see Jones fight right now? Maybe they could bring up Bisping from MW.

But Jones is a lot more precise with his punches. He doesn't exactly have pillow fists. And his elbows both at close range and from top position? I know Glover is great with his BJJ, but Jon Jones, while having a close fight with Gus, is still on another level. Maybe it's just me but I don't see it. Jones will pick Glover apart with the size and reach like he does most everybody else.

He's on a 20 fight win streak with a lot of finishes. He's 5-0 in the UFC. His last two fights were KO of the Night and Sub of the Night.

Who would you rather see Jones fight right now? Maybe they could bring up Bisping from MW.

roger this. who else is there ? davis ?

Yeh that's what I was gona say.

Also, there's not anybody else outside of an immediate rematch with Gustafsson, which I really dont want to see. Glover's streak is more impressive than Phil Davis' imo too.

Please suggest anyone else if you gonna make this thread.

Davis is on a worse streak, lost to Rashad a bit ago.
Machida lost to Davis.
Hendo lost to Machida.
Rashad lost to Nog.
Shogun lost to everyone.
Gus just lost to Jones.
DC is a chubby chaser messing around with Roy and wasting time off his career.
Bader just got KTFO.

And you have Glover, a SICK streak, finishing anyone he's put against.

So that's why Glover.

Bye.

1.) Before the Gus/Jones fight, more people felt Glover had a chance against the champ than Gus.
2.) A 20-fight professional win streak is impressive. No matter how you look at it.
3.) He's been dominant in his UFC run, and first round victories over Bader and Te Huna are nothing to look down your nose at.
4.) Aside from Gus, who else would you give a title shot to? Maybe Davis, but his Nc to a fighter that the UFC has now cut; his loss to Rashad; and the very controversial decision over Machida set him back quite a bit.
5.) Glover has never been put in danger in a fight by a skill that the champion possesses.
6.) Gus deserves an immediate rematch, but isn't everyone tired of immediate rematches?

who else should fight jones? ratard already got beat, gus just lost, Machida is at middle, nog is in limbo, so the only choice is glover

Phil Davis is on a three fight win streak, and his last victory was over Lyoto Machida, also a top ten guy like Bader. Why not pair Glover up against Phil for the next fight at Jones?

1.) Before the Gus/Jones fight, more people felt Glover had a chance against the champ than Gus.
2.) A 20-fight professional win streak is impressive. No matter how you look at it.
3.) He's been dominant in his UFC run, and first round victories over Bader and Te Huna are nothing to look down your nose at.
4.) Aside from Gus, who else would you give a title shot to? Maybe Davis, but his Nc to a fighter that the UFC has now cut; his loss to Rashad; and the very controversial decision over Machida set him back quite a bit.
5.) Glover has never been put in danger in a fight by an skill that the champion possesses.
6.) Gus deserves an immediate rematch, but isn't everyone tired of immediate rematches?

upvoat!

How Gus doesn't get the rematch before Glover would be a mystery. Jones (or Gus) will run circles around Glover because Glover is a slow, plodding fighter. Yes, he has great power, but Jones would/will pick him apart standing, and if it goes to the ground.. we all know the outcome. Gus showed the he is the only guy out there right now with the skills necessary (and physical attributes) to beat Jones.

BVF4O7JCAAE54np.jpg

Phil Davis is on a three fight win streak, and his last victory was over Lyoto Machida, also a top ten guy like Bader. Why not pair Glover up against Phil for the next fight at Jones?

And let Jones sit out for 6-7 months? Yes lets do that.

How Gus doesn't get the rematch before Glover would be a mystery. Jones (or Gus) will run circles around Glover because Glover is a slow, plodding fighter. Yes, he has great power, but Jones would/will pick him apart standing, and if it goes to the ground.. we all know the outcome. Gus showed the he is the only guy out there right now with the skills necessary (and physical attributes) to beat Jones.

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. While I think Gus should have to win a fight before he gets the rematch, I agree with you on EVERY aspect about Glover. This is a bad fight for him.

Back