Why Glory and Wikipedia disagree so much about fighters records?

fedemma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean, for example:

Tyrone Spong
Wiki: 72-6-1-1
Glory: 89-5

Giorgio Petrosyan
Wiki: 76-1-2-1
Glory: 78-1-1

Van Roosmalen
Wiki: 41-13
Glory: 30-5

Artem Levin
Wiki: 70-6-1
Glory: 46-4-1

Nieky Holzken
Wiki: 75-11
Glory: 82-11

This two match! amazing haha

Gokhan Saki
Wiki: 79-16
Glory: 79-16

Daniel Ghita
Wiki: 48-9
Glory: 48-9

Wikipedia's always been a little inconsistent with other records

(Yushin Okami and Joachim Hansen have fights listed on Sherdog that aren't listed on Wikipedia, for instance)

The records on Wikipedia are relative. Any kickboxing record is relative if the fighter didn"t start in a major promotion. This happen because there is no database. In MMA is pretty much the same but people can build their records better from the internet press. In the United States, any MMA promotion way smaller than Bellator for example gets more attention. Even from 10-12 years ago. In Europe is hardly possible if it"s very old, more than 7-8.

Ghiţă doesn"t have included the amateur record for example. Levin has both (amateur and professional) on record - combined. And other records are simply added on graphics from coaches"/sportsmen"s mouth. Maybe some can confirm with a paper.

The logical analysis would be:

Tyrone Spong: his 89-5 Glory record includes only 5 defeats and not 6 because one was in shootboxing. And some wins weren"t added. If Spong or his coach didn"t lie.

Van Roosmalen: Glory didn"t add his shootboxing and muaythai (thaibox) records, even though the so called Muay Thai or Thai Box Dutch events were actually of kickboxing. Normally they should add any PROFESSIONAL muaythai record (amateur muaythai not) on his kickboxing record. Shootboxing not.

Nieky Holzken: some wins weren"t recorded by Wikipedia, if nobody is lying trying to add some more wins and I don"t think so.

Petrosyan is pretty much the same.

By the way, I can tell you a lot of MMA events which take place in Europe (Germany, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Russia, etc.) which are not added by Sherdog. Sherdog is pretty much the same as Wikipedia. Nothing really official or if they get official results they get only from the USA. Boxrec is good. That"s a real database. Every fucking boxing result (professional events) from this world. Since "ancient" times. :)

Last edited:
Glory is trying to fudge numbers maybe? At least they're not editing wiki, K-1 Global has atleast two accounts on Wiki, and tried multiple times to simply delete the K-1 page's entire history (pre-Emcom). Like wtf?!

And Superkombat had tried to cannibalize K-1 Global. LOL! When K-1 Global does this. The Japanese history is very important. They should reach it if they bought the organization. Not "to cannibalize" the brand. The MAX Final 16 was so average, I wonder what heavyweights they have now.

Thanks guys! yes rudelb, Boxrec is amazing. But a fuckin lot of people collaborates there.

Sounds like a minor technicality unlike regular Boxing where records seem to matter more
with so many different rules n organizations not surprising there are discrepancies

I never really care much about kickboxing record outside major organization really.
Many fighters won't tell people about their losses in early career, trying to keep
that loses as few as possible I guess.

Van Roosmalen's wiki record is definitely not complete. I know, because I made that wiki page. I found most results on Dutch sites, but I couldn't fight any from before 2004. Robin has been fighting since approximately the age of 6, so his total record, including all fights in all rule sets and organisations is more than a 100.

Back