Why fighters SHOULDN'T go up in weight

Who is 200 in lean shape at ww?
DUSTIN SAYS THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE AT IN THE VIDEO DUDE

He's literally telling you he's too small for WW and those guys are bigger and you're so stubborn you're still disagreeing

DUSTIN SAYS THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE AT IN THE VIDEO DUDE

He's literally telling you he's too small for WW and those guys are bigger and you're so stubborn you're still disagreeing
Masvidal Covington Thomson are in 180 range

Robert Whittaker disagrees with this thread.

And still has one of the best records of anyone that's been around as long as he has. Especially considering his career has been spread across four weight classes.

He demolished a bunch of guys in the first round, finished fights in the second and third, and has won every decision he's been to. But yes, all of two minutes...

His lack of sub defense hurt him more than his stamina ever did.
Are we gonna pretend he was some world beater at 170? His stamina was fine at 205. My comment was obviously directed at 170 though. Unless you just have poor reading comp.

Feel free to continue pretending he was a world beater who didn’t gas hard at 170

Are we gonna pretend he was some world beater at 170? His stamina was fine at 205. My comment was obviously directed at 170 though. Unless you just have poor reading comp.

Feel free to continue pretending he was a world beater who didn’t gas hard at 170
I get that your comment was about 170. He went 10-3 at 170, not too shabby, bad stamina due to a massive weight cut considered. He didn't have bad stamina in other classes, but that didn't stop him from getting subbed. 5 of his 6 losses were subs.

I didn't call him a world beater at 170, or ignore his stamina at that weight. I just said he was one of the most dangerous guys at 170.

You countered that it was only within a certain timeframe, and that's statistically inaccurate.

Cerrone is huge, dude. They're all huge dudes who cut a TON of weight. 170 is still not even Cerrone's natural weight. He most likely cuts to that too. It's not easy for Cerrone to get to 155 and I bet now with no IV s he'd never make it at his age. I find most times guys who go up can are not much smaller and be even bigger in certain fights (Anderson Silva).

Jones will not look as small at heavyweight as some might think. But he be against guys cutting from above 265.

Bobby Knuckles seems to have done ok for himself.

I get that your comment was about 170. He went 10-3 at 170, not too shabby, bad stamina due to a massive weight cut considered. He didn't have bad stamina in other classes, but that didn't stop him from getting subbed. 5 of his 6 losses were subs.

I didn't call him a world beater at 170, or ignore his stamina at that weight. I just said he was one of the most dangerous guys at 170.

You countered that it was only within a certain timeframe, and that's statistically inaccurate.
I mean almost all of his knockouts at 170 were in the first round. So, I think it’s fair to say he was only dangerous for the first few minutes.

Did you actually watch UFC when he was at 170? The guy would generally beat ass round 1 and then slow down horribly rounds 2-3. I mean look at his fight against Dan Hardy for example. Barely any significant strikes landed in round 2 and 3 because he gassed so hard.

I like Rumble a lot, but to say he was dangerous for more than the first round at 170 is disingenuous. Moving up was a great move for him because he was able to carry power across the entire fight with the improved gas tank.

Back