Why Dustin dusts Conor

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's very simple - no crowd. With the exception of Nate, Conor has enjoyed a massive support advantage in the arena for his fights.

The raucous intimidating atmosphere is enough to unsettle most of his opponents, particularly Aldo, Cowboy and Eddie but perhaps worst affected of all was Dustin.

Without having to worry about adrenaline dump or a deer in the headlights moment, I have to say Dustin has a golden opportunity here.

..... This has to be a setup.

476617.jpg

It might be a factor. It’s just hard to say how big of one. Lots of fighters have mentioned it. Some like it, while others don’t.

It should definitely be to Dustin’s advantage not to have a pro-Conor crowd though.

It's very simple - no crowd. With the exception of Nate, Conor has enjoyed a massive support advantage in the arena for his fights.

The raucous intimidating atmosphere is enough to unsettle most of his opponents, particularly Aldo, Cowboy and Eddie but perhaps worst affected of all was Dustin.

Without having to worry about adrenaline dump or a deer in the headlights moment, I have to say Dustin has a golden opportunity here.

Yup, Dustin can get himself KO'd relatively peacefully, in an intimate atmosphere, without all that crowd noise adding to the pain :D

dustin would need a completely different strategy. Much better grappler than conor but doesn't have the takedowns to get conor down.

vietnam dustin already lost,tweeting stuff like "i`m underdog no pressure" shows
weakness,my bet his body will collapse the second the double barrel shotgun hits him(called it in cowboy fight as well)

Could be a big factor.

Even so, Dustin can't rely too much on crowd support to beat Mcg. he really needs a good game plan to not get KO and beat him senseless.

i think we're either seeing Dustin win a decision, or he gets TKO'd. his chin is surely better now that's he not cutting to 145, but if he gets clipped behind the ear again like in the first fight and gets the wobbles, gonna be a short night.

Theres no doubt in my mind that if Dustin drags him into the 3rd round, Dustin will pick him apart. But i have a feeling Dustin just wants a big payday like cerrone.

That definitely is a factor. Conor generally excels under the big lights whilst others crumble but this will feel like a glorified spar so yea a big bonus for Dustin.

Another factor in Dustin's favor is he has fought out there already so is more familiar with this setting and is also more more accustomed to the environment/humidity etc.

Theres no doubt in my mind that if Dustin drags him into the 3rd round, Dustin will pick him apart. But i have a feeling Dustin just wants a big payday like cerrone.

Why not take the big payday AND the win ...?

Dustin has been putting in the hours (years) of focus and hard work while Connor's been a playboy. And Dustin's no slouch, so I hope we see McGreggor on the receiving end of a (t)ko. Poirier deserves the feather in his hat (and payday).

Cerrone got $200K. Is that your idea of a “big payday” in a main event UFC PPV fight?

Back