Why dont you guys ever talk about technique?

wordspeaker

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Im surprised that someone can get as enthused by mma as most of you seem to be, without really discussing technique at all.
It seems like you are all either obsessed with the personalities, you simply fetishise the violence or you just want to sit around talking about whos the best fighter.
The rest just want to talk about money and the industry.
Help me to understand.

There's a sub forum for that

Look for Sherdog forums utilizing eyes, scroll down, and you may find what you seek. Searching with technique. :icon_chee

Check the forums....there may be a subforum for that

You've been here 3 years and haven't checked the subforums? It's the best thing this sites got!

Striking and grappling forums are more appropriate for actual technical discussions.

There is literally no understanding of striking mechanics on sherdog.

people either notice handspeed, power, or nifty combinations, and that is all.

But, overall, your average forum-goer has not trained and simply does not care about the nuances of fightsport enough to realize that mostly everything that a fighter can do to beat his opponent boils down to strategy, and many different sequences of techniques whether it be strikes, guard passes, takedown attempts or submissions, and so forth.
Fact Commander said:

As a matter of "fact", boyah, you should post in f11.

Or, in any of username "a guy"s threads in the heavies.

I think there's a quiet handful of us that do train or have trained in various arts but for the most part, I think you're right

Edit: referring to this forum

relevant: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f11/

The overall kingpin of this subforum, Sinister, is (I believe) head coach at Johnny Tocco's Ringside Gym in Vegas, which is actually where Sonny Liston got started boxing years ago.

Im surprised that someone can get as enthused by mma as most of you seem to be, without really discussing technique at all.
It seems like you are all either obsessed with the personalities, you simply fetishise the violence or you just want to sit around talking about whos the best fighter.
The rest just want to talk about money and the industry.
Help me to understand.

horses-ass4.jpg

No one on Sherdog give a shit about "technique"

Kids just wanna 2 big muscular men who speak english stand in the pocket and throw "bombs" til someone gets KTFO

MMA to the majority on Sherdog mean Muscular Male Adonises

Is normal

Forum title says "UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here"
Do you understand now? There's a sub forum for technique.

There are no forums for technique. The subforums tend to dissect techniques and discuss how to train while the main forums are full of MMA crackheads who don't go deeper into the sport than sweaty dudes in bikini briefs bombing each other. It's rare that threads appreciating and discussing a fighter's technical abilities and strategies finds a home here.

Back