Why don't we see the Cody that fought Cruz?

I honestly believe that Cody was just at the very pinnacle of his game that night. He was superhuman for some reason. It was an anomaly.
Cruz has pillow fists compared to TJ. That was the main difference, also Cruz is absurdly wild in his striking, he makes Cody look like Mayweather.
TJ's striking is way crisper, tighter, and fluid

The reason, and I can say this with 100% certainty, is BLOODLUST.

<codychoke>

"Now i dont want to keep emphasizing this or making excuses for Cody. But he had major back issues. Tonight we are going to see the real Cody" - K-Flo

Cruz not a heavy hitter. Perfect style for Cody to look good against - take a few pitter patter shots to get in there and box.

TJ's a killer.

Cody's eyes were filled with Blood Lust how can anybody who follows the sport not see that.

He would knock TJ out it if he didn't have a such an explosive history with him.

People completely OVERLOOK the fact that Dom suffered a potential fight ending cut when they clashed heads early in the fight and completely abandoned his style to headhunt Cody for 5 rounds.

Dom would take Cody “No Chin” Garbrandt in a rematch.
<datassdom>
The cut came from Cody's headkick.Stop listening Rogan too much.

cody-kicks-cruz-in-the-head.gif

He was calm, composed and very calculated in that fight. Only vs TJ does he fight like a madman on a vengeance.

I don't see Cruz fighting Garbrandt the same way he did in the first contest imo.

lol so many people just loving to overrate Dominick Cruz's standup.

TJ makes you pay dearly for mistakes. Cruz can barely crack an eggshell with his punches.

TJ is a better fighter than Cruz. No one has ever sat there for 25 minutes, toying with TJ the way Cody towed with Cruz.

I see no reason Cody couldn't tool Cruz again in a rematch.

Cruz has pillow fists compared to TJ. That was the main difference, also Cruz is absurdly wild in his striking, he makes Cody look like Mayweather.
TJ's striking is way crisper, tighter, and fluid

Cruz's style is basically geared to backing up and catching people with looping shots from the side ala Chuck(albeit with much better defence), Cody was a terrible matchup for him as someone who could slowly and methodically hunt him and down counter when he was forced to come forward.

The reality is Cody still looked very dangerous vs TJ when it came to landing counters, its just that Dillashaw was far better coming forward and took him out of his comfort zone exposing his attempts to finish as much wilder.

Maybe there wasn’t the pressure of losing after years of drama and smack talk with/to a former teammate you told the world you KOd in Monday night sparring footage at the ol gym

Then a immediate rematch with no tuneup confidence fight

Because tj is a better fighter than him
#thread

Cody didn't chase cruz and just stood in the middle and dom had to do something instead of dancing around. They had the perfect game plan.

I honestly believe that Cody was just at the very pinnacle of his game that night. He was superhuman for some reason. It was an anomaly.
Cruz was obviously not 100%, he had multiple medical procedures in the weeks leading up to the fight. A healthy Cruz destroys Cody in the rematch and goes on to claim the belt for a 3rd time.

Agree, Dominick beats Cody and Cody beats Cruz... Most likely Cruz beats Dominick, its a toss up..
I think Cruz still beats Dillashaw too due to movement and takedowns that won’t let Dillashaw throw hard strikes like that 3 in a row right hands to Cody’s face

Maybe winning that fight is his problem, thought he was Prince Naz

lol so many people just loving to overrate Dominick Cruz's standup.

TJ makes you pay dearly for mistakes. Cruz can barely crack an eggshell with his punches.

TJ is a better fighter than Cruz. No one has ever sat there for 25 minutes, toying with TJ the way Cody towed with Cruz.

I see no reason Cody couldn't tool Cruz again in a rematch.

i can't really explain that style of punching cruz does, But it's terrible. It's kind of a telegraphed arm punch thing he does.

tumblr_oj28s0o2ip1u2ragso1_500.gif

FreshHeftyAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Back