Why Don't We See More of This in MMA??

kuroro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
timestamped:

I know Bruce threw him there, but still seems pretty effective.

Last edited:
timestamped:

I knew Bruce threw him there, but still seems pretty effective.

Try it in your local gym and tell me if it's effective...
*rolls eyes*

EDIT: I just imagine a scene in my head where everybody is pointing at you "yo get a look at this guy, trying to Judo toss people without hips, shoulders, feet, and in no-gi even. He thinks he's gonna come here and clean&Jerk all of us lol."

timestamped:

I knew Bruce threw him there, but still seems pretty effective.

This specific move is just movie martial arts moves. It's overly dramatized to show Bruce Lee's character's strength but in real life the move would be done differently. In this scene it looks like a mix of a judo one arm shoulder throw/wrestling fireman's carry/body slam. He picks him up by the armpit which would require a significant amount of strength to pull off in real life. You would need a significant strength, size, and height advantage to pull off that move in real life.

Try it in your local gym and tell me if it's effective...
*rolls eyes*

EDIT: I just imagine a scene in my head where everybody is pointing at you "yo get a look at this guy, trying to Judo toss people without hips, shoulders, feet, and in no-gi even. He thinks he's gonna come here and clean&Jerk all of us lol."
This specific move is just movie martial arts moves. It's overly dramatized to show Bruce Lee's character's strength but in real life the move would be done differently. In this scene it looks like a mix of a judo one arm shoulder throw/wrestling fireman's carry/body slam. He picks him up by the armpit which would require a significant amount of strength to pull off in real life. You would need a significant strength, size, and height advantage to pull off that move in real life.
nooo i mean the guy trying to poke bruce with his fingers.

I know Bruce threw him there.

He wasn't thrown there. He jumped with an assist from Lee. Same as in pro wrestling, where the most talented and smooth performers can make it look like they get thrown about, when they are actually doing as much of the work as the thrower.

He wasn't thrown there. He jumped with an assist from Lee. Same as in pro wrestling, where the most talented and smooth performers can make it look like they get thrown about, when they are actually doing as much of the work as the thrower.
this is what i'm saying, though. that finger move would fuck him up irl

Same reason you'lll never see shit like this in the UFC:

Takayama-Frye.gif

<JRSmith40>

Back