Why don't I like Mighty Mouse...

Enox

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is a weird question, but why don't I like Mighty Mouse...?

This is NOT HATE!

I enjoy lower weight classes. They are fast, explosive and very entertaining.

John Dodson, Joseph Benavidez, Norifumi Yamamoto +++++. I love them ALL, and I love me some flyweight action all the time. But for some reason I don't feel excited when I know Demetrious Johnson is fighting.

It's like... I just don't care.. It's weird. Is it his build up, or lack of, the reason I can't connect with him? Idk.

It's a really weird question to ask, because I should know why I don't like someone/wanna se them fight, but in this case I have no clue...

Is there anybody else here that feels it the same way?
And/or could shed some light on why you don't look forward to seeing him fight, or find his fights exciting.

Maybe you don't like him because some of his fights earlier in his career were a bit lackluster. I have been a fan since the Cruz fight in which I thought he looked great; if you haven't seen it or it has been a long time since you have, then I would recommend watching it because he displayed a lot of skill and heart.

He's very aesthetically pleasing to watch because everything from him is so fluid but I do still agree with you.

I think part of the reason is because he doesn't seem to be as active and is always moving back although he seems to be changing that in his last couple of fights.

^^ Saying he wasn't active was probably the wrong way to describe him but I'm sure some people get what I mean.

I just think he could do with a bit more aggression but, like I said, he seems to be changing that recently.

Because Miguel Torres beat him and was ROBBED.

It's a residual effect from all the bullshit threads you read about him on this forum in 2011-2012.

Because Miguel Torres beat him and was ROBBED.
That has nothing to do with DJ. The only thing DJ did was fight with a broken leg.

This is a weird question, but why don't I like Mighty Mouse...?

This is NOT HATE!

I enjoy lower weight classes. They are fast, explosive and very entertaining.

John Dodson, Joseph Benavidez, Norifumi Yamamoto +++++. I love them ALL, and I love me some flyweight action all the time. But for some reason I don't feel excited when I know Demetrious Johnson is fighting.

It's like... I just don't care.. It's weird. Is it his build up, or lack of, the reason I can't connect with him? Idk.

It's a really weird question to ask, because I should know why I don't like someone/wanna se them fight, but in this case I have no clue...

Is there anybody else here that feels it the same way?
And/or could shed some light on why you don't look forward to seeing him fight, or find his fights exciting.

Have you seen his last 3 fights???? Hes getting sicker and sicker.

Well why are they letting him fight still? How is he passing the medicals?

Ha!

No he was almost KO'd by Dodson 3 times, survived and dominated. FOTN
Completed an armbar sub on Morga after a beautiful transition. SOTN
And Knocked out (including many unnessesary shots) Joe B. KOTN

You didn't like him beating guys that you actually like?

i didn't care about him until he KO'd Benavidez. now i want to see him fight again to see if that was a fluke or if he's gonna continue putting fools to sleep.

Great fighter but there is nothing else positive I can say about him, not that anything else matters. I seriously cringe every time I hear him talk and I prayed joe b would've knocked his fucking dome off. Boy, were my jimmies rustled.

"Pointy elbows" is one of the reasons some girls are disliked.

As for Demetrious Johnson, it's probably his pointy ears.

DemetriousJohnson_Headshot.png

^^ Saying he wasn't active was probably the wrong way to describe him but I'm sure some people get what I mean.

I just think he could do with a bit more aggression but, like I said, he seems to be changing that recently.

I think in some ways what you meant was that he's TOO active, or at least, he was. And I mean that in a Dominic Cruz sense...

All action and activity... but no results. They'd win the "MMA match" but I never felt like I was watching a fight.

For a while there it felt like all MM had was speed. He never hurt his opponents or really threatened them in any way.

I used to find it incredibly frustrating. It's my only gripe with the lower weight classes; sometimes it feels like both guys are so fast (and so worried about being fast) that no one has a chance, or even tries, to really sit down on their strikes and cause some damage. It ends up being a game of who can dart in and out the fastest.

I think this used to be the case with MM... but not any more. He's looked fucking amazing in his last three fights.

I really hope that MM and TJ keep winning, because a fight between those two would be BANANAS.

Dat footwork.

Before I would have said it's his pitter patter fighting style, but his last few fights have proven that to be incredibly inaccurate. The Moraga sub was gnarly and knocking Joe out cold takes some serious ferocity.

Still, I kinda get the same vibe from Mighty Mouse. I don't dislike him, but I find it hard to be a big fan. He's not very engaging outside the cage. Maybe that's why. Dunno. I certainly enjoy watching him fight.

It took some time for him to grow on me, but I like him.

His last performance was fucking excellent, too. That KO was sweet.

"Pointy elbows" is one of the reasons some girls are disliked.

As for Demetrious Johnson, it's probably his pointy ears.

DemetriousJohnson_Headshot.png

Lol, his ears always looked like they are too low on his head to me.

I'm a MM fan, he has become exciting to watch.

It's a residual effect from all the bullshit threads you read about him on this forum in 2011-2012.

That has nothing to do with DJ. The only thing DJ did was fight with a broken leg.

True, it wasn't MM fault he won. But for some reason, even though I like to try and be rational, it still really, really bugs me to this day.

Back