Why dont fighters use oxygen between rounds?

oxygen between rounds will not help a fighter one bit.

when you see those huge football players using it it is mostly a placebo.

yes are reading correctly.

at normal atmospheric conditions a healthy person will not recover faster by using oxygen.

the limiting factors for oxygen usage is cardiac output and hemoglobin concentration. normal healthy lungs will provide enough oxygen to fill whatever blood enters the lungs 100 percent with oxygen. you cannot saturate you blood more than 100 percent.

thats it. period. breathing oxygen by a normal person at sea level will not help recovery or change physiology in any beneficial way.

every post in this thread so far has been based on a false assumption that oxygen helps.

sorry.

They're using TRT because they used PEDs in the past. It's cause and effect.

Yeah, that's why in my original post I said if you can't fight past 30, then that sucks for you, time to hang them up.

Shouldn't be shooting people up with TRT to fix problems they chose to cause by mistreating their bodies earlier in their lives.

I couldn't care less if they use oxygen between rounds, but I know we'll never see it. If that last season of TUF HW's and the fight between Silva and Hamill couldn't convince an AC, then it's not going to happen.

It would be ridiculous and would look even worse.

You don't have a camera on out of shape linebackers as they gulp oxygen to fuel their over-sized bodies.

Imagine seeing GSP with a mask on between rounds.

As for ice, I think corners aren't doing enough. A VERY VERY COLD pad on the back could might recovery benefits without looking that ridiculous. Instead we see bags of ice being daubed at a fighters back.

Yes they do, they show it all the time

I couldn't care less if they use oxygen between rounds, but I know we'll never see it. If that last season of TUF HW's and the fight between Silva and Hamill couldn't convince an AC, then it's not going to happen.

I don't think it should happen. These fighters know how long they could potentially fight, we see fighters go 25 full minutes all the time without oxygen. If we need to keep helping them with outside assistance, it's less of a fight IMO.

You get what you trained for, if you didn't train enough, that's your lose.

Yea it would look like shit. And thats all folks.

I would have no problem with it. As long as both fighters have one, supplied by either the UFC or the Commission.

On one side, it could lead to much for activity in fights, especially in later rounds

However, (and more importantly) on the other hand, I think it takes away from the fight. Conditioning wouldn't be as important. It would also take a little away from how truly tough and difficult the sport is.

It's more of a placebo than anything. Your body isn't in need of more oxygen, it's in need to release more carbon dioxide. Even at higher levels of elevation it does nothing.

Don't think it's allowed by athletic commissions. Gatorade isn't even allowed by athletic commissions. All that's allowed is water and the water is even inspected before it enters the cage.

What about Monster Energy drink or Red Bull ?

at normal atmospheric conditions a healthy person will not recover faster by using oxygen.

the limiting factors for oxygen usage is cardiac output and hemoglobin concentration. normal healthy lungs will provide enough oxygen to fill whatever blood enters the lungs 100 percent with oxygen. you cannot saturate you blood more than 100 percent.

thats it. period. breathing oxygen by a normal person at sea level will not help recovery or change physiology in any beneficial way.

every post in this thread so far has been based on a false assumption that oxygen helps.

sorry.

Beat me to it!

sorry.
This pretty much, can't recover any faster unless you blood dope, or are just in better shape. Acutally, funny thing, but shouldn't hyperventilating a bit bring down your PH faster and help with recovery.

It's more of a placebo than anything. Your body isn't in need of more oxygen, it's in need to release more carbon dioxide. Even at higher levels of elevation it does nothing.

Training at higher levels will make increase the hemoglobin count in your blood to compensate the lack of Oxygen in the air. Your body uses Hemoglobin to transport O2 and CO2

This pretty much, can't recover any faster unless you blood dope, or are just in better shape. Acutally, funny thing, but shouldn't hyperventilating a bit bring down your PH faster and help with recovery.

perhaps but it would be a truly trivial amount. the source of the acidosis is anaerobic metabolism. so until you get enough oxygen or reduce oxygen needs then your gonna get acidosis. the actual acidosis you have is not that harmful to you as your body can buffer it in the short run. the pain and the shortness of breath you feel is a signal that things are out of balance and that you cant work any harder, but its not really that damaging to your body. what you need is more oxygen to your tissues. but as i wrote before, that can only be accomplished with greater cardiac output or more hemoglobin(the oxygen carrying molecule in blood cells)

I remember King Mo using an inhaler type thing at a Strikeforce fight in Houston. I think the commission later said it's illegal.

Training at higher levels will make increase the hemoglobin count in your blood to compensate the lack of Oxygen in the air. Your body uses Hemoglobin to transport O2 and CO2

I was referring to the use of oxygen at higher elevation. What you're talking takes consistency and a long time for the body to adapt. I always wondered why a fighter wouldn't live and train at a high elevation because it take the body a long time to make these increases.

I was referring to the use of oxygen at higher elevation. What you're talking takes consistency and a long time for the body to adapt. I always wondered why a fighter wouldn't live and train at a high elevation because it take the body a long time to make these increases.

They wear those dopey training masks instead.

The ball is in play for 11 minutes in a football game.

A game lasts THREE hours. And they still need oxygen? No, they're not in shape. Soccer players on the other hand actually run for most of the game which is why you don't see fat soccer players.

Humans are not naturally 350 lbs, so that's why we see a ridiculously fat tall big man gulping oxygen after running for 20 seconds.

But if an athlete could take a shot of pure oxygen without bringing a fucking tank into the cage, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

If you ever played football your opinion would completely change. Soccer players do not run full speed the whole game. Football is a high intensity sport, every play is done at full speed. Guys that play football aren't 350 pounds

Back