Why dont fighters use oxygen between rounds?

LOL at out of shape linebackers.. Very few people in the NFL are "out of shape". Maybe some interior tackles and OGs but for the most part we are talking about guys that MMA fighters could only dream about being as conditioned

The ball is in play for 11 minutes in a football game.

A game lasts THREE hours. And they still need oxygen? No, they're not in shape. Soccer players on the other hand actually run for most of the game which is why you don't see fat soccer players.

Humans are not naturally 350 lbs, so that's why we see a ridiculously fat tall big man gulping oxygen after running for 20 seconds.

But if an athlete could take a shot of pure oxygen without bringing a fucking tank into the cage, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Ever try and push a 350 pound man? It's not easy
These guys have so much muscle that they use oxygen way quicker than we do. Are they also fat? Yeah, but the average NFL linemen is in much better shape that the average person

It's part of the game. MMA is more of an endurance-based sport whereas football is more of a game of sprints. Each football play is a small explosion that lasts a short ammount of time and then you go sit on the sideline for an undetermined amount of time. It's very different.

LOL at out of shape linebackers.. Very few people in the NFL are "out of shape". Maybe some interior tackles and OGs but for the most part we are talking about guys that MMA fighters could only dream about being as conditioned

You mean that guy on oxygen after running for a couple of seconds?

11 minutes over a 3 hour game.

Not even considering there's an offensive and a defensive team.

A UFC fighter is expected to run, kick, punch and grapple 15 mins over 17 mins. And the champs and contenders have 25 mins over 29 mins.

And I'm not talking about runners whose six packs have six packs of their own, but about the guy in OPs first post and guys like him.

Most UFC fighters can cope with 3 rounds of fighting without oxygen though things can go to shit at LHW and HW.

Cain Velasquez and JDS have awesome level cardio for big guys.

9qfiab.gif

97nxxt.gif

They should be able to. American football is crazy when you think of the other things they are allowed to do. Think if a fighter had a doctor who could shoot him up with kenalog and Toradol right before a fight.

Want Oxygen in between rounds, might as well just pump up some TRT while you're at it.

Why can't we just have two guys/gals fighting each other without the assistance of anything but coaches.
I'm tired of all this shit, I want to see two people with their natural talent and body fight each other, no roids, no TRT, no oxygen.

You fight until your body quits, if your body can't keep fighting at 30 years old, that sucks, time to move on.

Want Oxygen in between rounds, might as well just pump up some TRT while you're at it.

Why can't we just have two guys/gals fighting each other without the assistance of anything but coaches.
I'm tired of all this shit, I want to see two people with their natural talent and body fight each other, no roids, no TRT, no oxygen.

You fight until your body quits, if your body can't keep fighting at 30 years old, that sucks, time to move on.
You must be new to MMA. This sport was built on PEDs.

Are NFLers using oxygen because they really need to, or because it's kinda min/maxing, just doing whatever's legal to get a little performance boost?

They should be able to. American football is crazy when you think of the other things they are allowed to do. Think if a fighter had a doctor who could shoot him up with kenalog and Toradol right before a fight.

American football is crazy, period.
350lbs guys pumped with steroids and painkillers wearing armor tackling each other.
In terms of health this is the worst sport ever, boxing and mma coming next.

You must be new to MMA. This sport was built on PEDs.

Just because fighters used PEDs when MMA first came around doesn't mean that we should start shooting fighters up with TRT these days.

Just because fighters used PEDs when MMA first came around doesn't mean that we should start shooting fighters up with TRT these days.
They're using TRT because they used PEDs in the past. They're bodies no longer produce testosterone at the level it should be.

It's cause and effect.

Back