Why don't animals live as long as people?

Elephants live long too

Humans also have many many factors that huge boost life lenght compared what they would living a wild life

I'm guessing those who procreate a ton or output many many babies at once might have shorter lifespans than those who do the opposite.

Or maybe not since turtles lay a ton of eggs and can live long.

Don't kink shame bro.
268.jpg

animals are much cooler than humans are.

View attachment 811187

They think this guy is 392 years old.....
Ah the Greenland shark! Such a fascinating animal, to live so long in such quiet solitude. I think that one is supposed to be between 392 and 516 years old which is absolutely insane. Might take 150 years just to reach sexual maturity.

Who knows, i don't...

But what i do know is that their metabolism is ultra slow, i guess that's the most important factor.
You're right and I'm pretty sure that metabolism is due to the cold conditions. The perception of time is linked to metabolism, a fly experiences time much more slowly than we do, 5 minutes to a fly might seem like a day yet seem like 5 seconds to the shark.

Almost. 500 give or take, and this was several years ago. It's not an exact science.

Jose has criticism for the belief that Columbus discovered the Murrica.

It is crazy how long these cold ass sharks can live. I wonder how many years it takes off their lives when the humans do whatever the fuck they do that determines their age? Legit shower thoughts.

You're right and I'm pretty sure that metabolism is due to the cold conditions. The perception of time is linked to metabolism, a fly experiences time much more slowly than we do, 5 minutes to a fly might seem like a day yet seem like 5 seconds to the shark.
I'm not sure if experiencing time more slowly is true though, i'd just say a faster metabolism can mean to experience time more fluently/better, for example if you film something with a digital camera and move the camera fast, what you see through it is blurry, whereas it's not as blurry if we watch the same thing with our eyes.

At least you can't really prove how fast some animals perceive time - you can't look into ones head after all.

But then again, who really knows, lol

Jose has criticism for the belief that Columbus discovered the Murrica.
It's such an absurd discussion. He did discover America (for the Spanish government). Maybe the Vikings discovered it before him, and the prehistoric ancestors of the indigenous north Americans certainly discovered America before them, but Columbus undoubtedly discovered America. We're all making "discoveries" all the time aren't we?
It is crazy how long these cold ass sharks can live. I wonder how many years it takes off their lives when the humans do whatever the fuck they do that determines their age? Legit shower thoughts.
Agree.

There are lots of animals that can live longer than people, many have been mentioned already. Here’s a few that haven’t, North Atlantic lobsters, quahogs, sea urchins, tuataras and longfin eel just to name a few.

quite a few animals live longer than humans. imagine if animals had the medicine humans have to keep them alive just as long. crocodiles live to be 80-100 years old and most older ones only die cause they have no teeth left to grab prey, imagine if they had dentists to go to. some sharks can live for centuries. some urchins and jellyfish are practically immortal.

Back