Why don’t we see any heavy hitters use the Smash?

it's not that different from a hook, like any other punch, there should be a variety of ways to throw it, lots of boxers throw the hook with the elbow midway between parallel and vertical. Nothing special about it.

My records 89-66 on the Online World Championships, which you have to create a player for.
Was whooping the shit out of the #2 ranked player in the world, when the game disconnected.
Since then, twice now, when we got matched up, he ducked and wouldn't fight me.

Fuckin piece of shit.
DeJulez Lineal champ. Disconnects = No mas

Speaking to the OP, I would say that some things work for some stylea better.
Aexis Arguello probably would fail at it more than orhers if it were something he tried. Same with Ali's technically flawed jab (don't waste my time arguing what I am getting at here).

Some techniques work better than others for certain fighters. Like Maidana' weird over the top right hand. It workee for him but it's not recommended.

Hes talking about a Uppercut/Hook. I think Oscar De La Hoya had a similar punch he gave a name too.
Its basically a 45 degree angle punch.
Ruddock would use it, but it was easy to tell because he had to load it up a little extra, making it easy to spot.

My last boxing class coach would’ve knocked me out throwing a punch like that!

Marco Antonio Barrera used it often. Too lazy to find a video and time stamp it tho.

He is a god-tier boxer, so look him up

roy jones used a similar hook to knock the bejesus out of griffin, he was on the hunt that night.

heavyweights distort things, any punch where you're standing there looking and waiting for the opening shouldn't work, lennox and tyson really didn't seriously have any moments of jeopardy against him. He made his name almost killing the already damaged dokes.

I've got a really strong feeling you've been reading or watching Hajime No Ippo and just got to the part where Ippo takes on Sendo

Edit: Just saw your AV. Yep.

Speaking to the OP, I would say that some things work for some stylea better.
Aexis Arguello probably would fail at it more than orhers if it were something he tried. Same with Ali's technically flawed jab (don't waste my time arguing what I am getting at here).

Some techniques work better than others for certain fighters. Like Maidana' weird over the top right hand. It workee for him but it's not recommended.
Maidana's tight overhand right was a thing of beauty, you could see how much it bothered Mayweather that Maidana could still hit him with it even when he was shelled up! Mayweather just started bleating 'back of the head!' every time he got hit with it. Great fight tactic.

Maidana's tight overhand right was a thing of beauty, you could see how much it bothered Mayweather that Maidana could still hit him with it even when he was shelled up! Mayweather just started bleating 'back of the head!' every time he got hit with it. Great fight tactic.
It's tougher to roll with that arcing type right hand rather than a straighter one. Better off trying to duck it, as Paulie once said.

It's tougher to roll with that arcing type right hand rather than a straighter one. Better off trying to duck it, as Paulie once said.
Yeah that's why it was so great, it was perfect for Mayweather's go to defence.

Last edited:
I've got a really strong feeling you've been reading or watching Hajime No Ippo and just got to the part where Ippo takes on Sendo

Edit: Just saw your AV. Yep.
Been reading Ippo weekly since I caught up to the manga last year and man do I love it.

Back