Why don’t they remake Bloodsport with Pride?

Forget about the movies. Old UFC was the kumite. Few rules, multiple fights in one night, no time limit

With the exception of one guy having his tibia snapped and one guy dying, overall, the original UFC was more brutal, Kumite didn’t have ground and pound.

They did mix the two. It was a league called Ganryujima, and none of you watched it.

They did mix the two. It was a league called Ganryujima, and none of you watched it.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I just found out about it fairly recently and watched it on youtube. Had no idea it was a thing. Not sure how it was received in Japan but there was basically no marketing in the U.S.. If they were to actually advertise and market it within the U.S. I definitely think it would have done better. If Karate Combat (which I do enjoy) can be thing and have a following then this definitely should.

Don't tell me you didn't catch BROODSPOT (2013)?

As long as Hong Man Choi gets a Part, I'm good.
c5c40c85134ee2417e3ade8a63dc9592.jpg

With the exception of one guy having his tibia snapped and one guy dying, overall, the original UFC was more brutal, Kumite didn’t have ground and pound.

I don't think so...

Chong Li hit his opponent again AFTER putting him to sleep. Also the opponent he killed was more or less incapacitated on the ground - barely reacting or moving as Chong Li continually attacking and then finally punching the guy squarely in the dome killing him. He fuckin' slowly wound his arm and closed his fist for a good 10 seconds before delivery the final blow. Pretty sure a ref would have jumped in WAY before allowing that shit to happen in the original UFC...

And Kumite did allow ground and pound. It wasn't stressed in the movie. That monkey style fighter had an opponent on the ground and knocked him out in one scene. And it was legal to hit in the groin area... That's more brutal than any PRIDE or UFC sanctioned fights have ever allowed.

They should remake shitty movies instead of classics.
There's an idea instead of making a shittier version of a classic. Take some old 80s back of the rental store b movies and remake them awesome. Like not cult classics or "so bad its good" type movies but the actual terrible ones. Theres so many!

Remake it with an all beefcake cast, IMO

The kumite would have been nothing but a shoving match. It was a small platform and stepping off it means you lose LOL

If an adult realize the comical nature of the story from that one piece of the set, then they are dumb.

I don't think so...

Chong Li hit his opponent again AFTER putting him to sleep. Also the opponent he killed was more or less incapacitated on the ground - barely reacting or moving as Chong Li continually attacking and then finally punching the guy squarely in the dome killing him. He fuckin' slowly wound his arm and closed his fist for a good 10 seconds before delivery the final blow. Pretty sure a ref would have jumped in WAY before allowing that shit to happen in the original UFC...

And Kumite did allow ground and pound. It wasn't stressed in the movie. That monkey style fighter had an opponent on the ground and knocked him out in one scene. And it was legal to hit in the groin area... That's more brutal than any PRIDE or UFC sanctioned fights have ever allowed.

That’s what I mean, besides the tibia smash scene and the murdered kung guy, I still think UFC 1-9 was more brutal.
Endless punches and elbows via ground and pound from Pat Smith vs Scott Morris.

Momentarily frozen from trauma, Tank vs Tua.

Tooth flying out in Bloodsport = Gordeau vs Sumo.

Keith Hackney punched Joe Son in the nuts several times = Dux vs Sumo.

The early UFC may not have murder in it, but think about it, something that isn’t a movie, on average, it’s almost more violent or equal to a FAKE movie. (The overall event)

Paco vs Dux wasn’t as savage as Lawler vs Rory, Paco didn’t even bleed,

Last edited:
That’s what I mean, besides the tibia smash scene and the murdered kung guy, I still think UFC 1-9 was more brutal.
Endless punches and elbows via ground and pound from Pat Smith vs Scott Morris.

Momentarily frozen from trauma, Tank vs Tua.

Tooth flying out in Bloodsport = Gordeau vs Sumo.

Keith Hackney punched Joe Son in the nuts several times = Dux vs Sumo.

The early UFC may not have murder in it, but think about it, something that isn’t a movie, on average, it’s almost more violent or equal to a FAKE movie.

Paco vs Dux wasn’t as savage as Lawler vs Rory, Paco didn’t even bleed,

Ah I forgot there was a brief time when groin punches were allowed in the UFC.

Still the rules and fighting in the imaginary Kumite on the movie Bloodsport are technically way more brutal than early UFC.

And that's the point. You made a comparison between the two. There's no way real fighting could be more brutal than a fictional moving about a mythical fighting tourney with no rules. Kumite had shittier refs and more or less no rules so it is theoretically way more brutal than any UFC sanctioned fights. The fight acting was shitty. It could have been way more worse if another director had made the movie rated R.

I like it and they should name it "Bloodsport : Pride"

I got Sergei Kharitonov killing everyone
Or Shogun. Those two would own.

Cro Cop or GSP (not pride but still) should be Frank Dux

How could you be so wrong?

Bloodsport: Pride will focus on the protagonist Emelianenko Fedor

Before the final act, the hero's manager will be forced to sign over his contract to the Yakuza at gunpoint.

Then Fedor and his lawyer will defeat the Yakuza, and regain their PRIDE as the corrupt organization crumbles to dust in the cold light of the last emperor's justice.

How could you be so wrong?

Bloodsport: Pride will focus on the protagonist Emelianenko Fedor

Before the final act, the hero's manager will be forced to sign over his contract to the Yakuza at gunpoint.

Then Fedor and his lawyer will defeat the Yakuza, and regain their PRIDE as the corrupt organization crumbles to dust in the cold light of justice.
Cro Cop can do the splits though

Frank Dux would go buck mad. He sued JCVD over "The Quest" which he said was lifted from him. Dux also claims he invented the UFC too, so it could only happen if people gave him large sums of money, and we all worshipped him as well. We're talking about a guy that has a 56 consecutive KO record!

Back