Why don’t other organizations do 5 rd main events?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why haven’t all major organizations such as Bellator made their non-title fight main events 5 rounds? Particularly key matchups with title implications.

5 rounds will always be the best way to decide the better fighter and it seems like a no brainer for number 1 contender matches at the very least.

Thoughts?
{<Scared}

Fighters get paid more for 5 rounds. Bellator doesnt like that.

Rizin does 3 rounders but the opening round is 10 minutes.
I don't really mind all that much TBH. Title fights should be the largest focus and 5 rounds are fine for that. The Next UFC card is pretty rough so fewer rounds the better. Watch Rizin instead.

Rizin does 3 rounders but the opening round is 10 minutes.
I don't really mind all that much TBH. Title fights should be the largest focus and 5 rounds are fine for that. The Next UFC card is pretty rough so fewer rounds the better. Watch Rizin instead.
10 minute rounds are great, it's a shame they've fallen into disuse.

10 minute rounds are great, it's a shame they've fallen into disuse.
I agree. It makes it impossible for you to be saved by the bell and gives the fighters a full feeling out process and time to go to war. The next 2 rounds can clear anything else up.

Cardio define greatness in this sport,barely quarter of ufc fighters can last 5,so you think trunk drivers will?

I agree. It makes it impossible for you to be saved by the bell and gives the fighters a full feeling out process and time to go to war. The next 2 rounds can clear anything else up.
Also the fighters stop round hunting (late takedown into LnP) which skews close decisions.

If 5 rds is always the best way to determine the better fighter, why aren't all mma fights 5 rds?

You can't be saved by the Bell in 10 minute rounds? So it's an 11 minute round if the ref thinks someone's close to a finish?

You can't be saved by the Bell in 10 minute rounds? So it's an 11 minute round if the ref thinks someone's close to a finish?

Shouldnt matter of time per round. Saved by the bell is only suppose to happen at the end of the last round. So any round before the last you cannot be saved by the bell. But MMA doesnt see it since we do not use the standing 8 count. Saved by the bell means if the bell sounds you still need to pass the 8 count. But the last bell you do not.

Cage Warriors do 5 round title fights but they are a UFC feeder org.

Do we really want to risk Shamrock vs Liddell potentially go 5 rounds?

Izzy woulda been champ in 5 minutes 2 seconds instead of 8min 30 seconds

* In 10 min round 1

Back