Why don´t the champions have the balls to...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kung Fu bb, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Kung Fu bb

Kung Fu bb Red Belt

... challenge other champions from higher divisions? Now that the UFC allowed Conor to set the precedent and be the first to keep his belt while challenging another champion, why aren´t we seeing all the current champs challenging one another for real? All I see is everyone asking to fight Bisping now, or messaging retired fighters or calling out easy money fights like Conor.

Why hasn´t Demetrious seriously called out Dom yet to avenge that loss, for example? He keeps saying the obvious, that the ufc needs to pay him x million dollars... We all know that but please come on, how many million dollars do you want???? If you had the time to sit down and plan out a whole TUF bs season, how come you didn´t talk about Dom´s fight? A much more interesting fight than any other fight you could think of in the lighter divisions.

I know everybody is gonna say that "it´ll make a whole division wait", but isn´t it all about business?? And I´m sure they can find a "good enough" schedule for everyone, to fit some super fights in. What do you guys think?! Which super fight would you most be interested in watching today?

dominick cruz.jpg

Summoning likes this.
  2. Qwerty1

Qwerty1 Purple Belt

Fighters haven't been keeping their belts enought to even consider. I personally would love to see Mighty Mouse vs Cruz again. To me the anticipation would be as much as the Conor vs Nate fight. Most fans would not see it that way though. For champs to fight each other i think there needs to be big money in it and right now I dont know that Cruz and MM would bring in amazing numbers.

3. Dead Kennedy

Dead Kennedy Don't steal, the government hates competition

Cruz has openly stated that he wanted to fight Conor. Granted everybody seems to be doing so as well, but Cruz is at least a divisional champion.

fortheo and Kung Fu bb like this.
  4. Kyler Ruxin

Kyler Ruxin Pabst Powered Fuck Machine

The same reason that anyone else is in the division that they are in. They prefer not to fight bigger fighters. Conor setting the president would be more relevant if he fought a champion, and if he won.

edit. haha, precedent.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    felmmando, Goonerview and AusMMAfan like this.
  5. haraigoshi

haraigoshi flat ASS!!!

Well last time we had a GOAT champion asking for a super fight.DFW told him to give up his belt before make the challenge.

so unless you are in their "VIP list"and they LET you fight as a champion,what are the vantages to risk your legacy and main font of incoming?

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  6. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Why does everyone forget that BJ challenged for the WW belt while he was LW champ?

7. Mammothman

Mammothman Silver Belt

They are champions and they need to defend their belt in their respective division, considering most champions only fight twice per year moving up challenging other champs will create a mess in both divisions specially if one champ become 2 division champ, we will have several interim title belts, challengers that never fight for the belt, divisions in hold etc.

Also do you really think Cruz vs DJ or DC vs Miocic, Alvarez vs Woodley would do great numbers? none of that would get over 400k, yeah for sure is fun but at long term it's a disaster. I think this only needs to be considered when a champion has already cleaned his division and there is no clear contender yet or every other relevant fighter in the division has been defeat already and it's something should be optional not mandatory. the only logical champ vs champ at this moment is MM vs Dom and Dom still needs to handle TJ, Garbrandt and Lineker so probably that fight won't happen anytime soon

8. Kung Fu bb

Kung Fu bb Red Belt

yes, he was the only one, that´s why he´s up there with the legends because of this.... and even if these guys do it today, it won´t be as big if there´s no risk of losing their belt.

9. pbateman

pbateman Purple Belt

foaming at the mouth and running at pigeons

:rolleyes:

Kyler Ruxin likes this.
  10. AusMMAfan

AusMMAfan Guest

Yeah Connor moved up and got his ass handed to him by Nate and it derailed his hype train. It doesn't exactly set a good precedent..

felmmando and Kung Fu bb like this.
  11. Kyler Ruxin

Kyler Ruxin Pabst Powered Fuck Machine

shit, I'd take him over our other 2 options.

12. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

Cruz called out Aldo as well. Honestly, for people who want super fights, Cruz is your man.

Dead Kennedy and Kung Fu bb like this.
  13. beef supreme

beef supreme White Belt

Champions tend to not want to get the shit beat out of them. They can't avoid that if their competitor is in their weight class, they can only duck once or twice max from a number 1 contender, who doesn't lose in the meantime.

Also, like someone said, no longtime champs other than MM.

Stipe/DC
    McGregor/Alvarez
    McGregor/Dom
    Dom/MM

Those are ok fights, but I wouldn't say super fights.

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  14. felmmando

felmmando Black Belt

Pettis also called Aldo out. Unfortunately for TS, Pettis couldn't hold onto his belt.

15. F0od

F0od Brown Belt

Mostly to hurt you TS. Sorry for your loss

Kung Fu bb likes this.
  16. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

That fight was booked actually, but I think Pettis got injured and pulled out.

felmmando likes this.
  17. SPB

SPB Banned Banned

Maybe TS should ask people like Bob Foster and John Mugabi why it might be a bad idea.

18. UkraineFreightTrain

UkraineFreightTrain Blue Belt

Conor never challenged for the LW belt

19. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

I don't know.

Ask the 135 WMMA Division.

20. Thepaintbucket

Thepaintbucket Silver Belt

Cause it rarely pays off. Why mess up a good thing?