Why doesn't Werdum get more criticism for his performance against Stipe

It wasnt that surprising. The only reason people thought his striking was good was be cause Rogan had an orgasm everytime he threw a sloppy jab at a half dead Cain

..and because much of the fanbase are hopelessly brainwashed into the UFC's "todays product is the best ever" hype so had to believe that Werdum had become a brilliant kickboxer.

Seriously if I'd posted a poll about whether Werdum was a better striker that Crocop in his prime pre Stipe fight I think a good part of Sherdog would have said yes.

Last edited:
ill prolly catch flak for this but prior to barreling in and getting clipped he did not look too terrible but then again they were both being sloppy imo which was the same case with the cain fight. Stipe didn't look like this godly kickboxer some here want to make him out to be either.

Because he's not a bad fighter, obviously, he just had a bad game plan.

Outside of the few RDA nuthuggers here nobody cares about RDA. Some people thought they did because of the hype but when he lost it all disappeared, and so did all the people.

Werdum is like RDA. A flash in the pan who had a good run but it all disappeared after he lost. It shows that nobody really gave a shit about him, and it didn't help that his troll faces made him look like a clown instead of serious fighter.

I still like RDA....

Because we like Werdum.

He ran after Stipe like the disciple of Ryan Bader and got flattened, but he doesn't run his mouth. Stupid yes, but not worthy of much commentary.

When comparing Werdum to Ronda, I can think of three possible reasons:

1) When Ronda got overly aggressive against Holly, it was clear that there was something wrong with her mental state. I think Werdum was just trying to be a crowd pleaser, especially since he was fighting in Brazil.
2) Ronda has far more haters than Werdum, so naturally they'll jump on her as soon as she has a bad performance.
3) Expectations were much higher for Ronda since she already had 6 title defenses under her belt, whereas Werdum had none. This makes the downfall that much harsher.

Wtf? He got dogged after it. Severely. You must have been asleep that week.

Also, Werdum didn't spend his career acting like a complete douchenozzle. May have had something to do with what you're perceiving.

Werdums striking sucks and I had people arguing with me saying it was world class, what a joke.

It's Ronda Rousey-esque and completely hilarious

IYB6XVb.gif
See thats where you're wrong

Werdum made himself look like a reeree.

Holly made Ronda look like a reeree.
sqXfrlrmUVPsQ.gif

people thought his striking was good because it is good. He's worked on it for years. His loss to Stipe was surprising. He went full retard which shouldn't be done.

people need to stop judging mma striking like their some kind of expert purist. Werdum's striking works,he knocks people the fuck out,or lands consistently,does damage and WINS FIGHTS. There should be no conventional criteria for how to strike in mma....This isnt boxing so who gives a shit how his boxing is supposed to look,its simply what is effective and what isnt. Werdum is a very effective striker. His defense leaves much to be desired however :D

Outside of the few RDA nuthuggers here nobody cares about RDA. Some people thought they did because of the hype but when he lost it all disappeared, and so did all the people.

Werdum is like RDA. A flash in the pan who had a good run but it all disappeared after he lost. It shows that nobody really gave a shit about him, and it didn't help that his troll faces made him look like a clown instead of serious fighter.

A "flash in the pan" who holds submission wins about every fighter ever considered HW GOAT.

And RDA got caught although defending properly (he had his arm in the right place). Alvarez beat him fair and square but that can happen to anybody and is almost impossible to avoid.

people need to stop judging mma striking like their some kind of expert purist. Werdum's striking works,he knocks people the fuck out,or lands consistently,does damage and WINS FIGHTS. There should be no conventional criteria for how to strike in mma....This isnt boxing so who gives a shit how his boxing is supposed to look,its simply what is effective and what isnt. Werdum is a very effective striker. His defense leaves much to be desired however :D

and it's worlds improved since his early days. Even since Strikeforce. I have no doubt that his striking is as effective as it is because of his beastly grappling skills.

and it's worlds improved since his early days. Even since Strikeforce. I have no doubt that his striking is as effective as it is because of his beastly grappling skills.
Of course,but he has those grappling skills,so its his overall game,meaning MMA! Some just cant grasp this concept.
Werdum cant win a kickboxing match against Mark Hunt,but he stopped him with strikes all the same.

I really have no idea what Werdum was thinking that night. Usually he shows pretty high fight IQ but went full retard against Stipe, especially considering cardio was one of his biggest advantages.

Back