Why doesn't UFC showcase old WEC and Strikeforce fights on TV?

Does no good to promote old fights and old organizations that don't use the special three letters UFC.

Unless the fighters featured are still relevant, and relevant within a certain time frame it's a waste. Back when best of PRIDE started it was simply to build some more of a fan base for some of the PRIDE guys US fans hadn't seen yet. Now if it's shown it's because a low tier channel needs some filler and old fights are about on par with COPS for ratings.

Because if you want to get people to care about the sport, they need to learn who the modern fighters are, not the guys of old.

Because if you want to get people to care about the sport, they need to learn who the modern fighters are, not the guys of old.

But there's plenty of guys currently kicking ass in the UFC they could show on those broadcasts. Aldo, Pettis, Benson, Ruthless, DC, all kinds. I think maybe they just think it would be confusing to noobs or something, maybe it's ok to show Pride reruns cause it's in a ring and you can tell it's different, and older. I think tv networks always go forward with the assumption that people are complete idiots, and they're usually right.

But there's plenty of guys currently kicking ass in the UFC they could show on those broadcasts. Aldo, Pettis, Benson, Ruthless, DC, all kinds. I think maybe they just think it would be confusing to noobs or something, maybe it's ok to show Pride reruns cause it's in a ring and you can tell it's different, and older.

FS1 consistently showcases current UFC stars.

They probably won't be showing Minowa vs. Yvel though outside of FS2.

FS1 consistently showcases current UFC stars.

They probably won't be showing Minowa vs. Yvel though outside of FS2.

I haven't had cable in a while now so I don't even know what channel is what. I haven't seen Unleashed type shows on cable since they took it off Spike, that was also the only time I ever saw best of Pride. Since it went to Fox I know they show the free cards (well, non-fight pass) on Sportsnet and they show the countdown shows as well.

I haven't had cable in a while now so I don't even know what channel is what. I haven't seen Unleashed type shows on cable since they took it off Spike, that was also the only time I ever saw best of Pride. Since it went to Fox I know they show the free cards (well, non-fight pass) on Sportsnet and they show the countdown shows as well.

Unleashed is on FS1 in prime time on Wednesdays usually and out of prime time too. They have old UFC, best of Pride, old TUFs, UFC random programming on FS2.

I see what your'e getting at but I think in general combat sports have a much higher replay value than most ball sports.

I have to admit you are right. I have rewatched plenty of old fights and few old ball games.

I think I've seen some wec on tv recently.

Back