Why doesnt the US immigration use the same policy as the persons country

Shartnado

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
For example if someone comes from Ireland, we give the immigrant the same treatment Ireland would give its immigrants. If someone from Mexico wants to immigrate here we offer them the same protocol and social services Mexico would offer an American.

Seems fair doesn't it?

Someone's mama never taught him that two wrongs don't make a right.

what the fuck? Do you understand the administrative nightmare that would create?

You would need to understand the immigration policy of every other country on the planet.

Immigration Offical: Oh you're from Nigeria, I'll now be asking for a bribe to enter the country.

For example if someone comes from Ireland, we give the immigrant the same treatment Ireland would give its immigrants. If someone from Mexico wants to immigrate here we offer them the same protocol and social services Mexico would offer an American.

Seems fair doesn't it?

no it does not.

you are expected to take everybody in, in the western world I mean. If not you re a bigot...

The policy regarding visas with unfriendly countries is called "reciprocity". We give a visa to one of theirs if/when they give a visa to one of ours.

As a result people from places like Iran end up waiting a long time for a visa till some american finally visits Iran.

Seems dumb. I don't want to base my country's immigration policy on some other country's policy.

What if the Mexican or Nigerian or Ukrainian or Syrian government says, "Fine, we will now allow any and all Americans to immigrate to our country for the purpose of attaining citizenship." Are we supposed to reciprocate?

Because we're a nation of political classes that want fresh low wage workers and fresh voters respectively.

Any American who wants fairness and uh national sovereignty in immigration law is a traitor to American business and selective new civil rights with no bearing: you don't hate America, do you?

Edit: Just realized I was replying to a thread by a guy called "shartnado" who links to infowars in his sig. Carry on, then.

Mind=blown before finishing my morning coffee

thanks sherdog

Because we're a nation of political classes that want fresh low wage workers and fresh voters respectively.

Any American who wants fairness and uh national sovereignty in immigration law is a traitor to American business and selective new civil rights with no bearing: you don't hate America, do you?

Well done sir

What is the point of immigrating to a new country if you're going to be treated like you're still in the old country?

This is just a stupid idea. So if the national language in their country is Arabic, then it's Arabic here too? So child brides are okay in their country, so they get to bring that with them.

Please let's not all be stupid.

AMERICA was made by immigrants coming here slaves & breaking every law known 2 man. Now some ppl wanna get all high & mighty about who's coming here.

in America its racist to prosecute anyone illegal....Obama screws vets and just mentioned he will spend billions aiding illegal children under the age of 18..there will be a whole new program to help illegal children have a safer passage...

illegals send more money out of the country then any other group as stats of companies like western union have shown... the more Americans support illegals the bigger deficit they put on themselves..

nothing more dumb then people hurting themselves and that sums up the American population today....

in America its racist to prosecute anyone illegal....Obama screws vets and just mentioned he will spend billions aiding illegal children under the age of 18..there will be a whole new program to help illegal children have a safer passage...

illegals send more money out of the country then any other group as stats of companies like western union have shown... the more Americans support illegals the bigger deficit they put on themselves..

nothing more dumb then people hurting themselves and that sums up the American population today....

My point is when someone comes to America they get a welfare check, food stamps, healthcare, schooling, etc. But what do Americans get when they go to other countries? In Canada, relatively the same so fair enough. But when you go to Mexico are they giving us the same thing ? No. So in the interest of fairness we should reciprocate the amount of services offered by the host country.

Because the powers that be are far more concerned about the constitutional rights of people who aren't citizens of this country.

Back