Why doesn't the UFC just bring in Cyborg?

So the actual bad ass woman needs roids and a Barry Bonds forehead and have 15-20 pounds advantage over her opponents?

If that's what works for her, then yes. I hate cheaters too, but at this point I don't think they're are many who don't

Why do they have to build a weight class? Why can't they just bring Cyborg in to fight at 145 anyway? I don't see her ever making 135, though it's clear the UFC has interest in her, so why not just bring her in to fight the same girls she's fighting now? Cyborg would probably turn out to be a huge star in the UFC, and she could headline some free cards. I think it would be a great idea, plus I'm sick of always seeing her name tied with the UFC and she's not a UFC fighter.

Either way, can't wait to watch her fight again, amazingly awesome fighter to watch. It really bugs me that everyone now knows who Ronda is and everyone is always talking about her, yet they have no clue who the actual baddest woman on the planet Is

She was in, asked to be released, now the UFC is paying her with the understanding she is going to make the cut. I am questioning why they UFC should give her another dime.

Rogan would be a wreck if she beat Ronda. They're protecting his emotions.

So the best MMA fighter for women is at 135? Cyborg is the real champion of all women, doesn't matter if she's not in the UFC...it's not her fault after all, there's no 145 division there.

Funny how u couldnt ague the points i made. hahaha hilarious.

Why u duck the points i made?

Also Cybro almost took the FW division to extinction. A great fighter doesnt need Roids, funny how people shit on Anderson but "oh lets give Cybro a pass". BS

Fight the same girls she's fighting now? Or any other 145er out there? It's not about them anyway, it's the Cyborg show. So why not just sign Cyborg to annihilate these girls. It just bugs me, Cyborg is so high level and she's not in the UFC, I get the circumstances but why not bend around them. Cyborg belongs in the octagon regardless of anything

Because you then have to start bending them for others.

Also she could have had this fight along time ago and at 145.

When other people have cheated they didn't get special favors. Somehow Cyborg should get special favors. She is getting paid by the UFC and somehow got bigger yet.

They offered to hire help for her. Cyborgs own nutritionist says she can make weight. I spent half of my life making weight.

Lets do big favors for the ones that cheat and dump on the ones that don't.

If that's what works for her, then yes. I hate cheaters too, but at this point I don't think they're are many who don't

Watch Kaufman early in her career when she finished a bunch of smaller less skilled fighters. Cybro will be the same if she makes 135. Cybro is not as dumb as people think, she is very clever and doesnt want to get exposed.

Which is also why she asked Lockhart "i only want to fight BW if i can be big and strong"
Translation: i dont want to fight at BW if i have to rely on skills and not have a weight advantage.

I really dont know how sheep cant process wat shes saying. Its fascinating.

For some reason, they are hesitant to bring in new weight classes. I would just like to see them absorb invicta in to UFC and then have all female cards under a UFC / Invicta banner for free on television. I wouldn't pay a dime for fightpass.

If people like you asking for it are the ones that will not pay to see it why should they do it?

Maybe if people would pay for the things they suggested.

I could care less if Cy ever fights again, but the spectacle would be fun. Making a new class just for 1 fighter is absurd, lol........ oh ya

So u would also like to see a bunch of fights like when Miocic fought Maldonado? Smaller and weaker opponents, that seems like it requires a lot of talent.

Bring her in and do what with her? If she's at 145, who in the UFC will fight her, especially if they don't have any other 145 fighters?

Meisha, Cat, Nunes, etc, etc.....I can all but guarantee you that any bantamweight on the roster would be willing to fight Cyborg at 45 with the exception of Ronda, so long as the pay day was greater than that of an average McDonald's employee. With Ronda, it is about wanting to gain every advantage possible so that she can increase the likelihood of victory as much as possible. Ronda's brand is solely built on her image as an untouchable, undefeated killer. These other competitors don't have the luxury of being a pop culture multi-millionaire celebrity and are just simply trying to put food on the table.

Even though all BW's would likely lose to Cyborg @ 45, they would atleast gain a nice payday. In the rare event they won, their stock would greatly increase by defeating the greatest female mixed martial artist of all time, not to mention the increase in admiration from the fans for simply taking a fight against such a daunting opponent (ala David vs Goliath or Dern vs Garcia). I for one, as well as the history books, respect the fighter that takes fight's when the odds are stacked against them, while the popular fad seems to be worshiping fighter(s) that only take fights when the odds are heavily stacked in their favor, almost to the point of a work.

I will bet anybody if Cybro fights Nunes, Holms or Meisha at 135, i will take any of them 3 and u can pick Cybro.

The wager would be a 3 month ban from Sherdog, since yall think Cybro is this amazing fighter.

Meisha, Cat, Nunes, etc, etc.....I can all but guarantee you that any bantamweight on the roster would be willing to fight Cyborg at 45 with the exception of Ronda, so long as the pay day was greater than that of an average McDonald's employee. With Ronda, it is about wanting to gain every advantage possible so that she can increase the likelihood of victory as much as possible. Ronda's brand is solely built on her image as an untouchable, undefeated killer. These other competitors don't have the luxury of being a pop culture multi-millionaire celebrity and are just simply trying to put food on the table.

Even though all BW's would likely lose to Cyborg @ 45, they would atleast gain a nice payday. In the rare event they won, their stock would greatly increase by defeating the greatest female mixed martial artist of all time, not to mention the increase in admiration from the fans for simply taking a fight against such a daunting opponent (ala David vs Goliath or Dern vs Garcia). I for one, as well as the history books, respect the fighter that takes fight's when the odds are stacked against them, while the popular fad seems to be worshiping fighter(s) that only take fights when the odds are heavily stacked in their favor, almost to the point of a work.

Right, Ronda isn't given advantages. Cyborg on the other hand altered scales.

Are you serious? You didnt want to just read the other 10k threads with this same question? WTFO?

Why do they have to build a weight class? Why can't they just bring Cyborg in to fight at 145 anyway? I don't see her ever making 135, though it's clear the UFC has interest in her, so why not just bring her in to fight the same girls she's fighting now? Cyborg would probably turn out to be a huge star in the UFC, and she could headline some free cards. I think it would be a great idea, plus I'm sick of always seeing her name tied with the UFC and she's not a UFC fighter.

Either way, can't wait to watch her fight again, amazingly awesome fighter to watch. It really bugs me that everyone now knows who Ronda is and everyone is always talking about her, yet they have no clue who the actual baddest woman on the planet Is

So you're suggesting the UFC sign Cyborg to fight herself? People are not going to pay $60 to watch Cyborg shadowbox. She's not Ronda for Christ sakes.

Back