Why doesn't the UFC have any Arab fighters?

the middle east is west asia
it's only called the middle east due to our eurocentric description of the world

I'm aware.

There are no Arabs in Afghanistan and my understanding is that "West Asia" begins with Iran.

Because they are already too busy fighting among themselves over there, where the entire region is the Octagon.

Can we please keep politics away from this thread? Thank you in advance

giphy.gif

That seems to be more of a fighting mentality than a winning mentality. There seems to be a lot of cutting off of noses to spite faces among the Palestinians.
Fighting will eventually lead to winning

If fighting back means, throwing stones at soldiers (including women) and getting manhandled for it, then ja, they are fighting back. But only the uneducated unemployed ones. The others (living in Gaza City) have good jobs and go to nightclubs.
Stop with the b.s.
Maybe you can convince someone else but you're not convincing me
Nightclubs and good jobs in Gaza hahahaha

The obvious answer is that there isn't a lot of interest for mma in the Arab world. Just like there isn't a lot interest for mma in much of the world. The vast majority of fighters come from a small handful of countries.

But the UFC doesn't try and market to Arabs, and doesn't hold events in Arab countries. It they did, they would sign lower level regional guys and use them to fill crappy fight pass cards held in rich gulf states.
Maybe

They all do kickboxing it seems, Badr hari( Morocco) & other guys from that region. I'm not sure that grappling is big in that region(could be wrong). Even so, mma is only really big in the u.s and brazil & maybe japan, you don't get good gyms outside of these countries so hard to get competitive fighters from these countries.
The thing with these guys is that almost all of them were born or at least raised in either the Netherlands, Belgium or France. I can't think of any world class fighters that were born and raised,let alone trained, in the country of their parents or grandparents.

Arabs know there is much more money in boxing. Arabs like to make the big bucks so that's the only fight sport most of them will do professionally.
I don't believe you

Some guys with roots who wasn't mentioned: Jouban and Yahya (Syrian), Ayari (Tunisian), Azaitar (Moroccan). Don't know but to my ear "Salim Touahri" also sounds like an unusual Polish name.

Complete nonsense. My mother was born in Egypt, my grandfather was Egyptian, and my ex girlfriend was born in Israel (let's not get political). Plenty of arabs with green/blue eyes and various skin tones.

Btw, wake up call, all raxes are "mixed". You do know we all originated from the same place right?
Not all Arabs are mixed. I also disagree with your statement that all races are mixed. Not true at all. Don't use the US as your example. There are plenty of places in the world where people only mate and marry within the same race unlike the US

The thing with these guys is that almost all of them were born or at least raised in either the Netherlands, Belgium or France. I can't think of any world class fighters that were born and raised,let alone trained, in the country of their parents or grandparents.
Sad but true

Maybe it's because Arabs are small and weak in general? Their winning mentality doesn't derive from quality fighters but just strength in numbers.

Wasteland this shit.
If you don't like this thread, simply get the ***k out of here and go do something else. It just bothers me so much how some people think they are entitled to tell us what's appropriate to talk about and what's not. If you can't handle this, get the hell out of my thread and stop being annoying

Maybe it's because Arabs are small and weak in general? Their winning mentality doesn't derive from quality fighters but just strength in numbers.
Wow, you're a genius, aren't you?
Idiot

Back