Why doesn't the U.S discuss attacking Saudi Arabi over 9/11?

Fanatics would play a part but modern weaponry would be useless against the USA. The USA military could destroy all tanks, artillery and planes in a few days from the air. The saudi military is dysfunctional, not only their officers are completely useless but they need constant american support in terms of intelligence.
Except if you're China or Russia your best bet to face an american invasion is small arms, mines, MANPADS, ATGMs as these can be hidden from airstrikes.
That's why America had to rush in to save Saudi Arabia from mighty Iraq in '91. Still the Iraqis were able to invade and take over a Saudi city.

Talking about fanatics, the Taliban is much more skilled than the saudi military.

America wouldn't attack Saudi though because of financial reasons.

However, after 9/11 the saudis conducted a massive purge against AQ supporters in their country.

im not talking about conventional warfare by any means. SA wouldnt be lining up tanks, planes etc to fight a US invasion. Im talking about better equipped soldiers than the ones you see in afganistan or iraq.

you invade SA and you will literally get a shit ton of the Muslim world involved to defend it. You havent seen anything. Go fuck with the holiest spots in Islam and see how many nuts come from under rocks. How quickly SA starts funding terror attacks against the west that would make recent activity look like nothing.

you guys are thinking for too conventional and narrow minded. SA is the country in the mid east that America cant fuck with, even if they wanted to. Just too many fucked up variables that could literally start ww3.

Is it just an urban legend, or was it really stated by the US government/military that should Islamic terrorists somehow succeed in detonating a Radiological device of some kind on US soil, the response would be to nuke Mecca?

I seem to recall a story about Obama officially ruling out this kind of hypothetical retaliation.

Is it just an urban legend, or was it really stated by the US government/military that should Islamic terrorists somehow succeed in detonating a Radiological device of some kind on US soil, the response would be to nuke Mecca?

I seem to recall a story about Obama officially ruling out this kind of hypothetical retaliation.

lol i hope that wasnt a real plan. I doubt Pakistan would just sit around while the holiest shit is nuked. Israel would be getting it, real fast in that scenario and you can be assured Israel would be throwing nukes back. India def joining the party cuz Pakistan prob throw a couple their way just for shits n giggles if it went this far.

lol i hope that wasnt a real plan. I doubt Pakistan would just sit around while the holiest shit is nuked. Israel would be getting it, real fast in that scenario and you can be assured Israel would be throwing nukes back. India def joining the party cuz Pakistan prob throw a couple their way just for shits n giggles if it went this far.

Yeah, any kind of nuclear attack on Mecca is a real End of Days scenario. Especially if it's linked to American and/or Israel.

Jack, I think to hold this position you would need to offer an alternative explanation for why Saudi only sells oil for US currency, or why the US keeps selling advanced weapons to a known supporter and main financier to terror groups.

I mean why else would we be selling cluster bombs to SA to bomb the poorest nation in the ME?
because the American dollar is the World Reserve Currency

because the CIA are a known supporter of at least one terror group ((aq))

because of big business and big money, which is what runs the US

because the war on terror is meant to be sustained, not won

because when you ask "why you would be selling cluster bombs etc etc" what you mean is why would big business in the US be selling cluster bombs, because they are not "you" you could ask the same question about big business selling goods and services to the Nazis during the war...while americans were over there dying, back home people were making bank by trading with the enemy....this is known, proven, undisputable and those people by and large got off scot free...well...no one did shit about that so look...here we are again...those that dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it

EDIT: as it turns out ... on nov. 30th 2015 the Yuan became the world reserve currency, starting in October of 2016...it will officially take over

hope you americans like inflation....

Last edited:
yea, man. a defensive war is the same as an offensive one.

America struggles to contain afganistan, iraq etc but would do well in a country with even more fanatics and much better military hardware.

sounds like an easy win, bro. unless you know, you actually think about it.
America kicked ass in Afghanistan and Iraq, we just had trouble holding on to them, and one of the reasons is because were so restrained. Saudi Arabia does not care about killing civilians, does not have a reputation to uphold, has not even gotten to the occupying part of Yemen, and yet they still get their asses kicked.

Oh ok. I thought I remembered you posting pro Iraq war stuff way back. Must have confused you with another poster.

Definitely not me. I didn't even find the WR until 2011, and I never supported the Iraq war.

Because apparently they are an important ally to our country . . . and destroying it.

To hold my position that your nutty CT is factually inaccurate only requires that I'm familiar with the facts. There's no record of any such deal, and the U.S. would receive no benefit from it. It's false, and not even plausible, even if you assume that everyone with any influence over such a decision is a monster.

The reason that most oil-producing nations sell oil in dollars is that U.S. dollars are traditionally more stable, and because they're so widely used, it's more convenient.

If this isn't the leverage Saudi Arabia has over us, then perhaps you could offer a reason why a "great president" like Obama, would be helping a government who played a roll in 9-11, kill dirt farmers in Yemen, with weapons most of Europe, and most of the world, has signed treaty's against.

because the American dollar is the World Reserve Currency

because the CIA are a known supporter of at least one terror group ((aq))

because of big business and big money, which is what runs the US

because the war on terror is meant to be sustained, not won

because when you ask "why you would be selling cluster bombs etc etc" what you mean is why would big business in the US be selling cluster bombs, because they are not "you" you could ask the same question about big business selling goods and services to the Nazis during the war...while americans were over there dying, back home people were making bank by trading with the enemy....this is known, proven, undisputable and those people by and large got off scot free...well...no one did shit about that so look...here we are again...those that dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it

EDIT: as it turns out ... on nov. 30th 2015 the Yuan became the world reserve currency, starting in October of 2016...it will officially take over

hope you americans like inflation....

I don't disagree with much of this, but I think it is important to understand the leverage that is used to get sane people, to support insane ideas.

The Dollar is the world's reserve currency because of the petrodollar. In other words our status as the world's reserve currency, which holds the whole house of cards we call trade policy up, is held in place by Saudi Arabia.

The petrodollar is of strategic value to US national interests, but at what cost........

To hold my position that your nutty CT is factually inaccurate only requires that I'm familiar with the facts. There's no record of any such deal, and the U.S. would receive no benefit from it. It's false, and not even plausible, even if you assume that everyone with any influence over such a decision is a monster.

The reason that most oil-producing nations sell oil in dollars is that U.S. dollars are traditionally more stable, and because they're so widely used, it's more convenient.

the petrodollar is very real. opec does in fact only sell oil in U.S. dollars.

it's a deal that dates back to the 70's

there was a petition to hold Saudi Arabian government accountable recently and Obama started receiving cold shoulder from the country and now we don't hear about it anymore.

W-Bush-bowing-to-saudi-king-2003.jpg
That jpeg sucks. Bush was receiving a medal. American Presidents bow to no one as a matter of policy...not even Emperors or Kings.

A surprising portion of GDP is accrued from arms sales, we(UK) are no different, cash>morality.

A surprising portion of GDP is accrued from arms sales, we(UK) are no different, cash>morality.
If GDP from weapons sales from our government is sound economic policy, then food stamps for all would certainly boost the produce sector, and grocery outlets that employ far more people then defense contractors do.

They are equally bad ideas.

I don't disagree with much of this, but I think it is important to understand the leverage that is used to get sane people, to support insane ideas.

The Dollar is the world's reserve currency because of the petrodollar. In other words our status as the world's reserve currency, which holds the whole house of cards we call trade policy up, is held in place by Saudi Arabia.

The petrodollar is of strategic value to US national interests, but at what cost........
well gas is only one of the commodities that are priced and traded in US dollars, gold being another one , its not all about gas...

and as I just found out yesterday((never seen a peep of it on the news tho admittedly I dont watch much mainstream news))the US dollar is no longer the world reserve currency and that comes into effect in october, scary to think whats going to be happening to that house of cards very soon

the petrodollar is very real. opec does in fact only sell oil in U.S. dollars.

it's a deal that dates back to the 70's
all oil around the world is priced and sold with US dollars...but not for very much longer

That jpeg sucks. Bush was receiving a medal. American Presidents bow to no one as a matter of policy...not even Emperors or Kings.
obama_bow_1381505c.jpg

obama bowing to the saudi king

obama-bow.jpg

Obama bowing to the japanese emperor (( I think))
efb7a681a.jpg

here he is bowing to mexican president

I mean you could say thats all american presidents do is bow to others considering none of them are their own policy makers and not one of them since JFK has been his own man

Back