Why doesnt Stipe have a fight yet?

Stipe is becoming a joke. Yeah, he broke the HW record....by one fight. Congrats.
Then he got ktfo in the first round.

Go fight someone else and win decisively and you will have an argument for a rematch. Bitching and whining on social media is not going to get you shit.

He does have a fight. He is waiting for Cain to eventually pull out.

When he was the champ he didn't draw for shit. Him being inactive is only making people care even less. At the end of the day it all comes down to ppv and buys and ratings etc. Not to mention you got koed in 1 round.
He kinda even bragged that he's not a talker as if it's an attribute to avoid selling the fight.

Well, DC sold the fight, knocked him out, and now he's the jilted ex. I don't feel for guys who don't look at popularity with fans as a responsibility of a reigning champ. Robbie Lawler was excellent at this and never faked or forced anything.

Stipe criticized Dana and management, proudly avoided saying anything compelling in the lead up to the biggest fight of his life, got KOed by the champ below him in less than a round and now he's dealing with the consequences imo.

They really ought to play that up more in the promos.

They really should. I mean here I am thinking Stipe was a fire fighter or some shit.
WME is the worst.

He's hanging on in hope of the dc v brock fight falling apart.

But as his first fight with dc didn't do great numbers, Stipe has never been a draw and he's long been out of favour with Dana I can't see him getting called in as a replacement anyway.

DC admitted to ducking him to fight the much easier Derrick Lewis.

Stipe very well could be the best HW in the world. A second DC fight could go very differently, which is why DC wont let it happen; he will take the money fights and retire.

I think he deserves a shot to regain his title given what he has accomplished. When DC is done making his money fights, Stipe should get a shot at the title.

Back