Why doesn't Stephen A Smith get more UFC work?

One of the more original troll threads lately. Well done.

He has a surface level knowledge of MMA. I’m not knocking him because he does seem passionate about it but he doesn’t have enough knowledge in my opinion. I prefer fighters as color commentators and there’s no way Stephen A is gonna do play by play. Let him hone his skills first.

Obvious troll is obvious.

0/Troll.

Try harder next time.

he does have energy, and would make for a great hype man.

I watch first take... he doesn't know anything about MMA other than Jon Jones is the best of all time

I thought that was ludicrous this hole time..thanx

he does have energy, and would make for a great hype man.

I watch first take... he doesn't know anything about MMA other than Jon Jones is the best of all time
Was it Jones? I vaguely remember an episode where he said Till was the greatest of all time. Haha. Quite a silly take, but when you think about it - is it? An incredible striker with near elite head movement. His grappling isn't better than someone like Maias yet but he's on the path.

He clearly knows a tonne about UFC and MMA in general. He speaks so passionately about the subject, in my opinion he should be co commentating with either Joe Rogan and Anik, or even Cruz and Anik.
Imagine Stephen A as a hype man in between these guys?
Or, have him replace Buffer when he retires? He has a definable voice.
View attachment 583187
He is another no nothing. That little conor worshipping imbecile co host of his said a lot of nonsense stuff and stephen didnt catch him on any of it

Cause it has been proven that he tends to say dumb things

Throw in Skip Bayless too. Let's see Smith and Bayless commentate just one event. Just one I want to see.

You gotta be kidding me. That's like me getting on air (with the limited basketball IQ that I have) and just say, "Le Bron" this and "Stephan" that every other word. Some people might think that I know basketball. But purist will know that don't know jackshit about basketball and that I'm just throwing out names. SAS doesn't know MMA. He is learning. but he's far from being an expert. He couldn't name the top 5 guys ranked in every weight class. He knows Ronda Rousey. He knows Conor McGregor. He might even know Khabib. Outside of that, SAS is a casual fan.

The last thing this sport needs is stephen a smith.
I stopped listening to his dribble about 5-10 years ago. I honestly don't know what show is his nor am I interested. The guy looked like he knew his stuff next to Skip but anyone would. After Skip it became clear Stephen A is only slightly more rational.

He clearly knows a tonne about UFC and MMA in general. He speaks so passionately about the subject, in my opinion he should be co commentating with either Joe Rogan and Anik, or even Cruz and Anik.
Imagine Stephen A as a hype man in between these guys?
Or, have him replace Buffer when he retires? He has a definable voice.
View attachment 583187

the question is why he got any ufc work.

because he doesn't know shit about MMA, he basically doesn't talk about anything MMA related without bringing conor into it.

like i know this is a bait thread, but fuck you.

Back